|Josh Smith (waived)||$5,331,729|
|Glenn Robinson III||$4,075,000|
|Henry Ellenson (waived)||$1,857,480|
|Bruce Brown Jr.||$838,464|
|Isaiah Whitehead (two-way)|
|Kalin Lucas (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Jose Calderon, Kalin Lucas (two-way)
SG: Bruce Brown Jr., Luke Kennard, Wayne Ellington, Isaiah Whitehead (two-way)
SF: Langston Galloway, Glenn Robinson III, Svi Mykhailiuk, Khyri Thomas
PF: Blake Griffin, Jon Leuer
C: Andre Drummond, Thon Maker, Zaza Pachulia
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Reggie Bullock, expiring 2/6/20) — $2,500,000
- Trade Exception (Stanley Johnson, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,140,682
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Glenn Robinson III, Khyri Thomas, Bruce Brown Jr. and Wayne Ellington)
Waived Players: Dwight Buycks, Eric Moreland, Scottie Lindsey, Chris McCullough, Johnny Hamilton, Reggie Hearn (two-way), Keenan Evans (two-way), Zach Lofton (two-way), Henry Ellenson
Traded Players: Reggie Bullock, Stanley Johnson
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Isaiah Whitehead, Kalin Lucas
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Svi Mykhailiuk)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $5 million from the Cleveland Cavaliers (Kevin Porter Jr.).
- 5/7/18 — Parted ways with Stan Van Gundy.
- 6/11/18 — Hired Coach Dwane Casey.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Bruce Brown (42nd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Bruce Brown (2018-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a two-year $8,353,750 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Keenan Evans to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Khryi Thomas (2018-38th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/28/18 — Signed Johnny Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Zach Lofton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/22/18 — Signed Scottie Lindsey to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/24/18 — Signed Chris McCullough to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Converted Zach Lofton to a two-way contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Isaiah Whitehead to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a two-way contract.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception ($7 million) for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Reggie Bullock to the Los Angeles Lakers for Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Stanley Johnson to the Milwaukee Bucks for Thon Maker.
- 2/8/19 — Brice Johnson trade exception ($1,331,160) expired.
- 2/9/19 — Signed Wayne Ellington for the rest of the season at $2,383,076.
- 6/27/19 — Traded the rights to Kevin Porter Jr. (30th) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2024 second-rounders and $5 million.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jameer Nelson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/6/19)