Betting is big business in the Philippines with the gambling industry worth an estimated 6 billion dollars. And Filipino bettors also have a huge appetite for online gambling, with a host of offshore online sportsbook sites and online casinos catering to their online betting needs. In this article you will find sports betting explained as well as information about best sportsbooks online in the Philippines and the sites that are available for Filipinos to enjoy. We will be looking at new customer offers, the range of sports and markets, payment and withdrawal methods and much more!
|100% Deposit Bonus up to 5000 PHP||Get Offer|
|Bonus Up To PHP7,500||Get Offer|
|100% Sports First Deposit Bonus UP TO €100||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus up to 5400 PHP||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus up to 5600 PHP||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus Up To 5400 PHP||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus Up To 5700 PHP||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus Up To PHP5,000||Get Offer|
|Free Bet Up to €50||Get Offer|
- 1 Best Philippines Betting Sites 2022 by Category
- 2 How we Rank the Best Online Sports Betting Sites in the Philippines
- 3 Key Features at the Best Sports Betting Sites in the Philippines
- 4 International Betting Sites that Accept Philippines Players
- 5 Types of Online Betting Welcome Bonus Offers Available in the Philippines
- 6 Key Bonus Terms
- 7 How to Choose the Best Online Betting Sites in the Philippines
- 8 Online Betting Sports Markets Available to Filipino Bettors
- 9 Where to Find the Best Competitive Odds
- 10 Payment Methods Available to Bettors in the Philippines
- 11 Betting Apps & Mobile Betting Online in the Philippines
- 12 How to Open an Account at a Philippines Sports Betting Site
- 13 Philippines Online Betting Laws
- 14 Philippine Online Betting Tips
- 15 Final Thoughts
- 16 Most Common FAQs Online Betting in Philippines
- 16.1 Do Philippines betting sites ask you for a promo code to get a welcome offer?
- 16.2 What is the best type of bonus offer that betting sites offer?
- 16.3 What is the fastest withdrawal method at Philippines betting sites?
- 16.4 How do I find the best online betting sites?
- 16.5 Do most Philippines online betting sites support eSports betting?
Best Philippines Betting Sites 2022 by Category
How we Rank the Best Online Sports Betting Sites in the Philippines
When it comes to identifying the best online sportsbook sites available to Filipino sports bettors, it’s really important to judge them by a set of criteria that covers all of the things that matter to punters. So, before we deal with the question of “What is sports betting?” we are going to look at some of the most important considerations when selecting an online sports betting site.
- Reputation – Sadly, not all of the online sportsbook sites you will come across are legitimate, so one of the key elements of any of our reviews is the trustworthiness of an online sportsbook. You can always be 100% sure that any site featured on this page is safe and reliable, but when it comes to selecting a specific sports betting website, choosing an established sportsbook that has been trusted by bettors worldwide for many years is never a bad idea! And 22Bet certainly fits that profile.
- Odds – In our experience, how an online sportsbook’s competitive odds compare to other sites is not always a big consideration for sports bettors, because no sportsbook could ever claim to have the best betting odds on every sport. However, when we took a good look at the sites featured in this article we found 1xBet to have a strong level of betting odds across a large variety of sports.
- Features – What can often separate a sportsbook from their rival sports betting sites is the extra features they can offer punters that can make betting a more enjoyable and immersive experience. Features such as Bet Builders and Live Streaming are hugely popular, but we’ve found that it is only the more established sites such as ShangriLa that regularly offer these benefits.
- Favorite Sports Betting Markets – Basketball, tennis and volleyball are all big deals in the Philippines and when the most famous Filipino in the world is former world champion Manny Pacquiao, it’s no surprise that boxing is also hugely popular. So any sports betting site hoping to appeal to Filipino punters will need to include those markets, as well as the traditional big hitter of football. And with that in mind, 1xBet and 22Bet are highly recommended when it comes to their range of sports betting markets.
- Usability – Navigating your way around a site quickly and effectively and being able to find the sports and markets you want to bet on are key considerations for any punter. And in our opinion, Yonibet may be a new sports betting site but they have learned a lot about effective site navigation and usability.
- Promotions – The best betting sites feature new customer deals to encourage punters to bet with them, but many bettors are just as interested in ongoing offers such as free bets, odds boosts and reward programmes. And when it comes to new and existing customer offers there are few sites that can match the selection offered by BK8.
Key Features at the Best Sports Betting Sites in the Philippines
Here is a quick comparison of the different features that are available at the best Philippines online betting sportsbooks:
|Sportsbook||In-Play Betting*||Live Streaming||Cashout||Minimum Deposit|
International Betting Sites that Accept Philippines Players
Sports betting sites based in the Philippines are only allowed to provide services to bettors from outside the country, so the only option for Filipino punters is to visit an international betting site. Luckily there are a good number of well-established and trustworthy offshore sportsbooks that provide an excellent betting experience. And having a bigger selection of Philippines top online betting sites is advantageous because you can pick and choose which site works best for you when it comes to special offers, deposit methods and the range of sports.
Types of Online Betting Welcome Bonus Offers Available in the Philippines
One of the biggest bonuses of creating a new account at an online sportsbook is that you will nearly always receive a welcome deal, which will vary in amount depending on which Philippines betting site you are dealing with. Here is a quick look at some of the different types of welcome offers you can expect from sports betting sites in the Philippines:
Sports Betting Deposit Bonuses
The most popular welcome offer is certainly the deposit bonus, where your first deposit is matched to a certain degree, usually 100% but sometimes less. There are some very generous deals out there but beneath the surface, there are always conditions that need to be met in order to withdraw any money you win, so always read the terms and conditions!
Top Deposit Bonuses in the Philippines
- BetOnline – 50% Match Up To $1000
- MyBookie – 100% Match, Up To $1000
- 22Bet– 100% Match, Up To 7500 PHP
Another new customer offer is the simple free bet. Usually, you will only need to deposit a certain amount of money to qualify but sometimes you will need to place a bet too before you can receive your reward. However, a big advantage is that unlike match bonuses it’s more common to be able to keep the winnings from the free bet without any further betting requirements.
Risk-free bets are rarer but will be seen occasionally on a new sports betting site. This sees you placing a bet online on a given market and if it’s a loser you will get your stake returned to you in the form of a free bet. When you want to use your free bet there will usually be a minimum price you need to wager at, but on the plus side there aren’t usually any wagering requirements to get your hands on any winnings.
Key Bonus Terms
It’s really important to know some of the key terms associated with new customer offers, so you can be aware of exactly how good a deal is under the surface and know what you need to do to qualify.
- Minimum Deposit – There will often be a minimum initial deposit you will need to make in order to get your hands on a given deal.
- Minimum Bet – Sometimes you will need to make a minimum bet in addition to a minimum deposit, and the important thing to remember is that often these two amounts won’t be the same, so for example you may be required to deposit a minimum of $25 but wager a minimum of $50.
- Minimum Odds – Often, your qualifying bets will need to be placed at a minimum price in order to receive your bonus. These odds will usually be around even money (Evs) in fractional odds, or 2.0 in decimal odds. In addition, minimum odds can often come into play when you want to place a wager with your free bet.
- Wagering Requirements – When it comes to a deposit bonuses in particular there will often be wagering requirements (sometimes called rollover requirements) such as 10x, 20x, 35x. This doesn’t mean you have to make this number of bets, just that you need to wager this amount multiplied by your bonus before you can withdraw it. So for example, if you have a 7500 PHP bonus with a 20x wagering requirement you will need to place 150000 PHP in bets before you can get to your money. It’s always important to know what the wagering requirement is at the top betting sites because the higher it is, the harder it will be to put a run of successful bets together without losing it all!
- Expiry Period – The bonus funds or free bets that you get will nearly always have some sort of expiry date, generally seven days but sometimes up to 21. If you do not use them or meet your wagering requirements within this time period, your bonus funds will disappear.
- Cap on Winnings – Certain offers will have a cap on how much real money you will be able to win.
- Eligibility Markets – When placing a qualifying bet or using a free bet, there are often certain types of betting markets that will be excluded.
How to Choose the Best Online Betting Sites in the Philippines
Even taking into account the key features of the leading sports betting sites in the Philippines it can be tough narrowing down a shortlist of options. However, there are some additional questions you can ask yourself so that you can quickly figure out which sportsbook is the best fit for you.
Are Filipino bettors accepted?
If you have been able to gain access to a site then that will generally mean you can sign up from the Philippines, but it’s always worth checking before you have a proper look around the sportsbook.
Are Philippine Pesos offered as an account currency?
Not all of the sites available to Filipino bettors accept Philippine Pesos as an account currency, but thanks to e-wallets such as Skrill and GCash you can easily convert your funds into US dollars, Euros or even pounds and then deposit that way. However, the downside is that e-wallets can be quite expensive as they charge fees to deposit and convert currency, and sometimes your bank will charge you as well!
Are local payment methods accepted?
With over 46 million users, GCash is the most popular e-wallet in the country, but it is not widely accepted at sport betting sites in the Philippines with the only featured sites that accept it being MELbet, PNXBET and 22Bet. However, if e-wallets are your preferred deposit option, Skrill, Astropay and STICPAY are available at pretty much every Philippines sportsbook we have encountered.
Does the betting site feature local and national sporting events?
Being able to place a bet on the English Premier League is a given on any of the in play betting sites available to Filipino bettors. However, when it comes to other favourite sports that are popular in the Philippines, basketball is way up there, and while it’s common to see plenty of markets when it comes to NBA online betting in the Philippines, whether a sportsbook features the PBA online betting, and even college basketball betting will also be a huge consideration for Filipino punters.
Online Betting Sports Markets Available to Filipino Bettors
Before we talk about some popular sporting markets it’s worth outlining the rules surrounding some other common forms of gambling in the Philippines such as online Sabong betting and Lotto online betting.
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) is a government-owned corporation that organises the main national lottery in the Philippines, but PCSO online betting is not possible at the time of writing. Lotto online betting is legal but the rules are similar to sports betting sites in that online lotto sites based in the Philippines can only offer their services outside the country, so it’s left to the offshore sites to cater for lotto online betting fans who want the closest thing to a PCSO online betting experience.
As for the more niche sports in the Philippines, Sabong online betting is illegal and as much as it is a popular sport in the Philippines, that enthusiasm is not reflected outside the country so offshore sportsbooks do not feature Sabong online betting.
As for the more traditional sports, the leading sports betting sites in the Philippines have an enormous range of major sports to wager on, including NBA online betting, English Premier League odds, college sports betting, and so much more! However, with the Philippine nation having a particular passion for certain events, here are a few of the most popular ones:
PBA Online Betting Site
Basketball betting is hugely popular with Filipinos and NBA betting online in the Philippines, as well as PBA online betting, is widely available. When it comes to NBA betting online you will always find a huge range of markets on pretty much any of the sports betting sites in the Philippines, and if you’re a fan of PBA betting lines you can generally find plenty of markets too.
Football Online Betting Site
As one of the major sports leagues in the world, the English Premier League is hugely popular to watch and bet on, no matter which country you are in, and the Philippines is certainly no different. The enormous amount of markets offered on football betting sites also provide a golden opportunity to make a profit.
Dota 2 Online Betting Site
The eSports market in the Philippines is home to over 43 million active gamers, and it’s rising every year. The most popular game is Dota 2, as teams of five battle each other in a beautifully-rendered fantasy world, but there are many other eSports games available on all the sites featured in this article.
Where to Find the Best Competitive Odds
You are never going to be able to find a sports bet site that has the absolute best betting fractional odds for every single market, as some may be average when it comes to NBA online betting but may be best in class for Dota 2 online betting, for example. However, some operators do manage to consistently deliver strong competitive odds across the board. Here are some of the online betting sites with the best betting odds:
- MELbet – 100% Deposit Bonus Up To 5600 PHP
- 22Bet – 100% Match, Up To 7500 PHP
- 1xBet – 100% Match, Up To 5400 PHP
Payment Methods Available to Bettors in the Philippines
There are many different ways that bettors in the Philippines can add funds to and make withdrawals from Philippines online betting sites, and here are some of the most common payment methods you will encounter:
Debit Cards and Credit Cards
Nearly all Philippines online betting sites support payments made through debit cards and credit cards and they will usually need to be from major card issuers such as Visa or MasterCard.
E-wallets are a very popular transaction options when it comes to top online gambling sites, because of how easy they are to use and the fact that transactions are usually processed quickly and securely. The only downside is that the fees can mount up!
International wallets Neteller and Skrill are hugely popular and many Filipino punters will already be familiar with the hugely popular GCash, which is less widely accepted but certainly available at some sports betting sites.
Bank transfers are less popular than debit card deposits because they usually take more time, but for bettors who don’t care about linking their bank and betting accounts they can be a very safe deposit and withdrawal option. However, there are some operators that will charge you a fee for using a bank transfer and the minimum transaction sizes can be higher.
Paying with Cryptocurrency is considered more secure than credit and debit card payments because a customer’s data isn’t stored in a centralized hub where breaches commonly occur. And with Cryptocurrency transactions having a high level of privacy in general it’s no surprise to find that a large number of the best sports bet sites in the Philippines offer a huge amount of Cryptocurrencies as payment methods.
|Payment Method||Fees||Min Deposit||Min Payout|
|Credit Card/Debit Card||0%||$10 on average||$10|
|e-wallets||0% (e-wallets will charge you at their end though)||$10 on average||$10|
|Bank Transfer||0% (Banks might have a charge)||$10 on average||$10|
|Cryptocurrencies||0%||0.0001 BTC||0.00045 BTC|
Betting Apps & Mobile Betting Online in the Philippines
With over 40 million smartphone users in the Philippines, it’s no surprise that a huge number of people are looking to partake in betting options online through their phones. A lot of top sportsbooks will have an app you can download to your phone, but even the newer sports betting sites that have not introduced an app yet usually have an optimised site to look at in portrait mode on your mobile web browser.
And here is a look at some of the best operators when it comes to mobile betting in the Philippines:
How to Open an Account at a Philippines Sports Betting Site
Opening a new account at a Philippines sports betting site is generally a quick and easy process, where you can be up and running and placing a bet online in a matter of minutes. The number of forms you need to fill in will vary from site to site but the information you need to provide will be similar.
Step 1: Visit the Website or App
The first step on the path to placing a wager is to head to your chosen sports betting site’s desktop home page or download their app, before clicking on “Register” or “Sign Up”.
Step 2: Registration
You will need to provide your full name, address, date of birth, contact details, and create a username and password.
Step 3: Deposit Money
Now you have set up your new account it’s time to deposit some funds. Making a deposit will usually be a simple case of picking your chosen currency and payment method and then you should get access to your funds straight away.
Step 4: Start Betting
While all sites are different when it comes to their layout, on most sportsbooks you will find the range of sports available either at the top or on the left-hand side of the page. Then it’s just a case of clicking the sport you wish to bet on, choosing the specific match or market and then selecting the price to add to your bet slip.
Step 5: Account Verification Before Withdrawing
A lot of sports betting sites require you to provide a photo ID before you can withdraw any funds, and occasionally you might also be asked for the same ID when you sign up. This is a very common measure to make sure stolen cards aren’t being used, to prevent money laundering and also guard against underage gambling.
Philippines Online Betting Laws
Gambling is legal in the Philippines, with the exception of a few number games such as Jueteng, and the government manages the industry through the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR). There has been a boom in casino construction, with Manila challenging the far more well-known wagering hot spot of Macau for the most popular gambling destination, but online the situation is a little more complicated.
Part of PAGCOR’s remit is to grant operating licenses to sports betting sites based in the Philippines. However, these sites are not allowed to offer their services within the country, so the only legalized sports betting sites Filipino punters are allowed to frequent are offshore ones. Luckily there is a huge selection of reputable sports betting sites to choose from.
There was also good news for fans of MSW sports betting in 2021 when Megasportworks, the main legal online sports betting available to Filipino sports bettors was granted permission by PAGCOR to launch a remote gaming platform to service legalized sports betting in the Philippines. MSW was always a bricks-and-mortar offering with 70 outlets across the Philippines and a telephone betting service, so the news that Filipino bettors will be able to take part in MSW sports betting on a 100% legal and regulated domestic site for the first time is huge.
Philippine Online Betting Tips
Philippine online betting should always be an enjoyable and worry-free experience, but we have learned over time that there are specific sports betting tips you can follow in order to ensure that this is the case:
If you’re a Filipino gambling fan, there are a healthy amount of reputable online sports betting sites for you to pick from, and MSW’s future appearance in the online betting space can only be a good thing too.
And the sites we have outlined in this article should cater for all requirements, whether you are looking for a betting options with a generous welcome offer, one that accepts crypto, a site with a huge range of sports to pick from or one that accepts PHP deposits.
And now we have taken you through some of the best sports betting sites available to Filipino punters, given you some sports betting tips and talked about how to ensure you are gambling responsibly, it’s up to you to decide which site works best for you. Good luck!
|100% Deposit Bonus up to 5000 PHP||Get Offer|
Most Common FAQs Online Betting in Philippines
Do Philippines betting sites ask you for a promo code to get a welcome offer?
Most sports betting sites won’t ask you to enter a promo code in order to activate a bonus, but some will so it’s always worth checking the full T’s and C’s of any welcome offer.
What is the best type of bonus offer that betting sites offer?
This depends on your situation. Bonus offers that match your deposit are more generous, but a lot of people enjoy free bets as it cuts down on the risk when you are placing a wager, particularly when you get to keep the winnings without needing to meet any wagering requirements.
What is the fastest withdrawal method at Philippines betting sites?
This will vary from operator to operator. However, e-wallet options are usually the fastest. This includes the likes of PayPal, Skrill and GCash.
How do I find the best online betting sites?
There are plenty of great options for you when it comes to Philippines sports betting websites, so you can easily find an option that best fits your needs.
Do most Philippines online betting sites support eSports betting?
The majority of the leading online betting options in the Philippines offer eSports and the range of games is often excellent.