There’s a reason why football is referred to as “The Beautiful Game” and that’s because there is not a country on earth that doesn’t have a significant portion of the population that loves football, whether it be playing it, watching it, betting on it, or all three!
And Singaporeans can’t get enough of the beautiful game either, with the most exciting leagues in the world available to watch, as well as the big international tournaments such as the World Cup and the Copa America. And when it comes to online football betting in Singapore, there has been an explosion in popularity over the last five years.
However, when it comes to football betting online it can be hard to know which sportsbook to use, so we’re delighted to bring you this article comparing 10 of the best sites that offer online betting on football to Singapore punters. We will let you know which sites have the best welcome offers, how many football-specific deals are available, we will give you some tips for football betting in Singapore and much more!
How we rank the best football betting sites
When it comes to online football betting in Singapore all of the best betting sites in Singapore have extensive football offerings, but there are a specific set of criteria that we have come up with over years of betting on football to enable punters to pick a sports betting site based on the things that matter to them, which may differ from bettor to bettor.
So let’s get to it!
- Safety – The trustworthiness of a sports betting site is our number one consideration, so first and foremost we always make sure that all of the sports betting sites featured are licensed by a reputable Local Authority or Gambling Commission. The protection of customers’ personal details is also of great importance so we always recommend sites that have safety features such as SSL encryption technology and firewalls.
- Range of Leagues – Every sportsbook in the world will feature the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, but in a country as diverse as Singapore, football betting fans are likely to want a wider selection of football leagues to choose from, including the Singapore Premier League and the Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian Super Leagues. So any site that wishes to attract new Singapore bettors must offer a wide range of football leagues to choose from.
- Markets – As we will outline later in this article, there are a huge range of markets to bet on within each and every football match, as well as longer-term bets available on the winners of football leagues and international tournaments.
- Live Betting – In play wagering is one of the fastest-growing features of online football betting in Singapore, as more and more punters discover a new way to enjoy betting on football. Every online sportsbook we have ever encountered features a live betting option, but not all sites feature live streaming of football matches or a wide range of statistics to guide your betting, so those that do have an enormous advantage over their rivals.
- Extra Features – Extra features such as bet builder, cash out, free tips for football betting in Singapore and football betting predictions, and even bespoke betting elements such as suggested accumulators can make the football betting online experience all the more immersive and enjoyable. So it’s always worth checking out a site’s special features as part of your decision-making process when selecting a new online sportsbook.
- Football Promotions – A huge element of football betting in Singapore is maximising your winnings and minimising your losses, and one way to do that is to take advantage of football-specific promotions that are featured on many of the sites included in this article. However, it’s important to realise that some sites are far better than others when it comes to rewarding their football bettors.
- Mobile – Singapore is a nation of smartphone lovers, with a remarkable 90% of the population owning a mobile device, and so it follows that a huge amount of football betting in Singapore fans will demand a strong mobile offering from a sportsbook. Luckily, most online sportsbooks offer dedicated apps for iOS and Android and even those that don’t will usually have a mobile-friendly site when you access it in portrait mode on your phone.
- Banking – Gone are the days when Singapore punters only had a couple of choices when it came to depositing funds into their betting accounts, because nowadays there are usually a huge range of deposit options on each and every online sportsbook. However, punters may also wish to deposit via their cryptocurrency account or a particular e-wallet, so checking out the payment methods of a site is hugely important.
Key Features of the Best Singapore Football Betting Sites
Here is a quick roundup of the most important features of the best football betting sites, and which of the entries in our top 10 list have them.
|Sportsbook||Live Betting||Live Streaming||Handicap Betting||Cashout||Bet Builder||Acca Insurance|
Most popular football betting markets
Betting on the result of a football match is a huge part of football betting but it is by no means the only market available, far from it in fact! All of the football online betting sites we have featured here have a huge amount of markets to choose from, and we have outlined the most popular ones below.
When it comes to football betting, the easiest bet to select is the result of the match itself as there are just three possible outcomes – a home win, an away win or a draw. There will always be a clear favourite which will often be the home team but can sometimes be the visitors, while the draw will always be priced up at longer odds.
Visit BK8 for match results markets
If you think that a particular team will not only win but secure a comfortable victory, then you can bet on them to come out on top by more than a certain number of goals. It works the other way too because if you believe that a team will lose but can at least keep the scoreline respectable, you can wager on them not suffering defeat by more than a set number of goals.
This is a sound football betting strategy when one team is a heavy favourite to win a particular game because you will pick up a better price by backing them with a -1 handicap, and gain even more favourable odds by betting on them with a -2 handicap or more.
Visit 1xBet for handicap betting markets
If you’re looking for generous odds then betting on the exact score of a match is also an excellent strategy when it comes to online betting on football, as even the most likely scores will be priced up at around 7.00 and some of the more surprising scorelines may be as much as 101.00. And that means you could potentially bet on a number of different scorelines knowing that just one winning will lead to a profit.
Visit 22Bet for exact score markets
Half-Time / Full-Time Markets
To win this particular bet you need to correctly predict the game situation at half-time and at the end of the game. So for example you may want to wager on Team A leading at half-time but the game ending in a draw. Or you could predict Team A to be winning at half-time and then go on to win the game, or Team A to be winning at half-time but Team B ultimately emerging victorious.
This is a particularly popular bet when your research tells you that one or both of the teams playing have a habit of letting leads slip late in the game, or even if you think that one team will dominate from start to finish.
Visit redbet for half-time / full-time markets
When it comes to betting on the total goals in a match, while you can wager on the exact number a far more popular bet is to predict whether there will be over or under a certain amount of goals. The number will normally range from 0.5 all the way up to 8.5, so if you think there will be at least three goals in a match you would bet on over 2.5, but if you think it will be a low-scoring encounter with one goal or less then backing under 1.5 would be the way to go.
Visit FEZbet for total goals markets
Betting on a player to score is a popular bet because it doesn’t matter what the score is as long as your selection finds the net. When it comes to goalscorer odds the star strikers will usually be around the 2.0 mark but if you think a defender can find the net then you could be looking at a far tastier price of 9.0 or more!
And speaking of tasty prices, if you bet on a particular player to score first you will net yourself far better odds because the only way to win is for your selection to open the scoring. And the same applies if you wager on a particular player to score the last goal in a game.
Visit ivip9 for goalscorer markets
Both Teams to Score
Another popular football bet that isn’t dependent on the overall match result is betting on both teams to score, or even both teams not to score! So if your research tells you that both teams are in great goal scoring form but are also struggling to keep a clean sheet, then this could be the bet for you!
Visit BetWinner for BTTS markets
Popular football betting promotions in Singapore
Football is by far the most popular sport to bet on in Singapore, so if a betting site wants to attract new customers and retain the ones they have then they had better have some eye-catching deals that can entice football betting fans. Here is a quick run-down of the most popular football betting promotions.
How to get the best football betting odds
In our experience, the competitiveness of a sportsbook’s football online betting odds is generally a low priority for Singapore bettors because not only is it widely recognised that football betting odds vary little across sites, with thousands of markets on offer it’s difficult to check which sportsbook, if any, has the best odds.
However, we also appreciate that some punters do take the odds seriously, so if we were to make a general recommendation it’s that often the larger, more established sites offer the strongest prices because the newer sites tend to focus on things like customer offers and features to reel punters in.
In addition, while the Singapore Pools is the only legal sportsbook based in Singapore, with no national competition we weren’t surprised to find out that the Singapore Pools football betting odds did not compare well to those featured in this article.
How to claim and wager a football betting welcome bonus
None of the sites featured in this article offers a specific football betting welcome bonus but what they all have in common is a variety of welcome offers leading to cash bonuses that can be used on any football market. And before we get into how you can claim and wager a welcome bonus, it’s important to know the key terms we will be referencing:
- Deposit Match – Most welcome offers take this form, where a percentage of your initial deposit will be “matched” up to a certain amount, usually 100% but sometimes more or less.
- Minimum Deposit – There will often be a minimum initial deposit you will need to make in order to get your hands on a new customer deal.
- Minimum Bet – Sometimes you will need to make a minimum bet in addition to a minimum deposit, and the important thing to remember is that often these two amounts won’t be the same, so for example you may be required to deposit a minimum of SGD 800 but wager at least SGD 1,600,000.
- Minimum Odds – Your qualifying bets will frequently need to be placed at a minimum price in order to receive your bonus. These odds will usually be around even money (Evs) in fractional, or 2.0 in decimal odds. In addition, minimum odds can often come into play when you want to place a wager with your free bet.
- Wagering Requirements – When it comes to deposit bonuses there will often be wagering requirements (sometimes called rollover requirements) such as 10x, 20x, 35x, which will apply either to both your deposit and the bonus, or just the bonus. This doesn’t mean you have to make this number of bets, just that you need to wager this amount multiplied by your bonus before you can withdraw it. So for example, if you have an SGD 800 bonus and a 10x wagering requirement, you will need to place SGD 8,000 in bets before you can get to your money. It’s always important to know what the wagering requirement is at the top betting sites because the higher it is, the harder it will be to put a run of successful wagers together without losing it all!
- Expiry Period – The bonus funds or free bets that you get will nearly always have some sort of expiry date, generally seven days but sometimes up to 21. If you do not use them or meet your wagering requirements within this time period, your bonus funds will disappear.
- Cap on Winnings – Certain offers will have a cap on how much real money you will be able to win.
- Eligibility Markets – When placing a qualifying bet or using a free bet, there are often certain types of betting markets and types of bets that will be excluded, such as bet builders or price boosts.
Of course, the amount that you receive as a welcome bonus is only the tip of the iceberg, because there will almost always be conditions that need to be met in order to withdraw any winnings from the betting of bonus funds, of which the two primary ones are usually a wagering requirement and placing your bets at minimum odds.
We have looked closely at all of the welcome offers at the sites featured in this article and while they all feature at least a wagering requirement or minimum odds, there are some favourable deals depending on what your priorities are.
The most generous wagering requirement is at 1xBet, BetWinner and MELbet, who only need you to bet your bonus five times. However, the bets need to be accumulators with at least three selections at odds of 1.4 or more, which certainly reduces the chances of your bets being successful.
Over at BK8, they do not require you to place your bonus bets at any minimum odds, but there is a 12x wagering requirement of the total of your deposit and bonus, which is a pretty hefty SGD 19,200 if you earn the maximum bonus of SGD 800.
The best overall is redbet, which is the only site without a wagering requirement attached to their welcome offer and also features minimum odds of 1.8. The only downside is that in order to qualify for the maximum €100 welcome bonus you have to wager €400 in three separate stages.
|Bookie||Welcome bonus||How to claim|
|BK8||150% Deposit Bonus up to SGD 800||Visit site|
|ivip9||100% Deposit Bonus up to SGD 800||Visit site|
|22Bet||100% Deposit Bonus up to SGD 200||Visit site|
How to claim a welcome bonus at a Singapore football betting site
So let’s take the aforementioned BK8 100% first deposit bonus as an example and break down the welcome offer process step by step, and while the offers may be different on other sites the sign-up procedure will be very similar. And as always you should check the terms and conditions beforehand!
Step 1: Register for an account
Head to the BK8 home page and set up an account, which is a relatively easy process requiring you to input your personal details and create a username and password.
Step 2: Deposit funds
Deposit and transfer a minimum of SGD 50 into the relevant sports wallet from your main wallet, with the promo code “sports”.The maximum bonus you can receive is SGD 800 so if you want to take full advantage then that’s the amount you should deposit.
Step 3: Pick a football market
Once your bonus has been issued then you just need to find the football market you wish to place a bet on from the wide range on offer at BK8.
Step 4: Place a bet…and repeat!
With no minimum odds to worry about you can pick whichever wager takes your fancy and bet on the outcome as usual. And then you need to repeat the process until you have bet 12 times the amount of your initial deposit and bonus.
Step 5: Withdraw bonus winnings
If you are lucky enough to have won any of your bonus funds left after meeting all the wagering requirements then well done, you can finally withdraw your hard-earned cash!
Ultimate football betting tips
Football betting should always be seen predominantly as a pleasurable pastime that enhances your enjoyment of the game, rather than a money-making exercise. However that’s not to say that winning a bit of cash here and there shouldn’t be your aim, so with that in mind here are five tops tips to help you get the best out of your football betting experience:
Football Live Betting
Live betting simply means wagering on any aspect of a football game that has already started. You can bet on the eventual winning team and any typical pre-game market once the match has kicked off, such as the next scorer (team or individual), whether a specific player will be booked/dismissed/score/create an assist, and much more.
Punters in Singapore love in play betting because you can take advantage of information gained from watching the match to inform your selections. All football betting sites will feature a comprehensive football in play section with a huge range of markets and statistics, but what separates the best sportsbooks is whether they can offer live streaming, with the best three outlined below:
|Bookie||Live streaming qualifying criteria||Go to site|
|BK8||Positive account balance||Visit site|
|1xBet||Positive account balance||Visit site|
Football Betting Predictions
There is a huge pool of information at your fingertips, with a wide range of tipsters providing free football betting tips ahead of every game that matters in the biggest leagues in the world. However, it’s important to know the potential pitfalls, such as scam artists asking for money for tips and then failing to provide them, or even ill-informed tipsters that clearly haven’t done the research they say they have!
We have encountered a huge range of reputable football betting odds experts that do not charge for football betting predictions, so we would recommend sticking to them, at least until you are more comfortable with the environment and can judge which paid-for tipsters are worth your time and money. And we would also recommend building up a good knowledge of football so that you can at least spot the tipsters that are not worthy of the name!
Football betting in Singapore can be a hugely rewarding and immersive experience and now that you are familiar with the best football betting sites and the services they provide, you can make an informed decision about which ones are worthy of your time and money.
And furthermore, once you have reached the stage where you are picking your football bets, the information we have shared about the types of football wagers you can place and how you can best take advantage of new and existing customer offers will also allow you to maximise your winnings, minimise your losses and most importantly, enjoy your football betting experience!
And of course, we wish you the very best of luck on your football online betting journey!