Right now, in May 2022, FanDuel Sportsbook is not available in Florida. However, we will keep you posted on any changes regarding the sports betting regulations in the state. Legal online sportsbooks might be coming to the Sunshine State sooner than you think. There are already initiatives on this topic that have a lot of potential.
While you are waiting, this complete guide will help you get ready. We cover the FanDuel Florida options currently available, like Daily Fantasy Sports and horse racing. We also present the best offshore sportsbook alternatives where you can bet real money on sports right now.
Is FanDuel Legal in Florida?
FanDuel is not legal in Florida with its complete offering of online betting products. The laws in the state don’t allow for real money betting on sports. There used to be one mobile betting app launched in Florida as a result of a gaming compact with a Native American tribe. However, this only lasted for around a month before it was shut down.
As for FanDuel, Florida laws prohibit the operator from accepting residents to the sportsbook. Users can sign up and even browse the lines to get an idea of what the renowned brand is offering. The operator has already launched in more than a dozen states.
Recently, FanDuel has been trying to lift the Florida ban on sports betting, even donating $10 million to the Florida Education Champions to help draw attention to the topic. The proposed regulations would use the tax revenue resulted from betting to finance the Education Enhancement Trust Fund.
You can, however, join the Daily Fantasy section and the Horse Racing product while within state borders. Florida horse racing is legal online and the racebook supports more than 300 tracks. It is available with the same FanDuel DFS account credentials.
When will FanDuel Sportsbook be Legal in Florida?
The future of sports betting in Florida isn’t exactly certain at this point. The FanDuel-backed initiative might get sports gambling on the 2022 ballot. This would allow residents of legal age to vote on whether or not they want legal sportsbooks in the state. If more than 60% vote in favor of sports betting, regulations will be put in place to accommodate it.
Even so, probably the most optimistic forecast would make FanDuel Sportsbook legally live in Florida in 2023. It definitely looks like time has run out for legalizing sports betting by the end of 2022.
Alternative Betting Sites to FanDuel Sportsbook Florida
The best news we have for betting fans is that there are great alternatives to the FanDuel Sportsbook in Florida. Offshore sites come with highly competitive offerings, covering all of the major sports and leagues. We also found sharp odds and the best Florida sportsbook bonus codes to help you win more right away.
Best Florida Sports Betting Sites
Timeline: FanDuel Florida Update May 2022
- Jan. 20 – The initiative backed by FanDuel reaches almost 400,000 signatures: The initiative to put betting on the 2022 ballot in Florida is only half way there in terms of collected signatures.
- Dec. 4 – The mobile sportsbook app from Hard Rock is shut down: Hard Rock finally suspends its mobile app in Florida.
- Nov. 22 – Florida Federal Court says the gaming compact is not legit: Sports betting is not legal throughout the state in Florida, according to the Federal Court. The Hard Rock app remains online.
- Nov. 1 – The Hard Rock Sportsbook app goes live in Florida: Seminole Tribe launches Hard Rock mobile app for real money betting in the state.
- Oct. 15 – Sports betting is delayed in Florida: The proposed launch date for Florida sports betting has come and went. A new timeline indicates that December, 2021, might be better.
- Aug. 6 – The Florida gaming compact receives federal approval: The US Department of the Interior doesn’t take any action to disapprove the compact by the deadline, which indirectly approves it.
- July 12 – FanDuel donates $10 million to the Florida Education Champions: FanDuel makes big news with its $10 million donation to help move things along with its new initiative. DraftKings also matches the donation.
- June 24 – FanDuel and DraftKings create the Florida Education Champions: A coalition is made between the two largest DFS operators in the world. They aim to put sports betting on the 2022 ballot. This requires 891,589 signatures from registered voters.
- May 25 – DeSantis signs the Florida-Seminole compact: The governor signs the gaming compact that allows for sports gambling in Florida.
- May 19 – The House approves the compact: Quickly after the Senate gave the compact the green light, the Florida House does the same.
- May 18 – The Senate approves the compact: Following a 38-1 vote, the Florida Senate approves the agreement between the government and the Seminole Tribe.
- May 16 – The draft for the gaming compact is introduced: SB 2-A is presented just before the special session of the Senate.
FanDuel DFS Florida
Daily Fantasy Sports are definitely popular in Florida and FanDuel is one of the best in the business. The brand is well-known in the state and has been operating here for years. As for the legality of Florida fantasy sports, there aren’t any laws or regulations that prohibit them outright. However, there are also no mentions of DFS being legal.
So, the conclusion is that FanDuel DFS is in a somewhat of a gray area in Florida. This can also be said about its presence in most of the 44 US states where it currently operates. The topic of fantasy sports isn’t tackled very well by sports betting regulations throughout the nation.
The good news is that fans of DFS can access FanDuel in Florida. Signing up is free and there is even an exclusive welcome bonus waiting on the first deposit. Enter the FanDuel promo code SAFE for a 20% deposit match of up to $500. After that, you can take your pick from various free and paid competitions with cash payouts. Fantasy football is legal in Florida and is often the go-to pick for residents. The operator also covers NBA, NHL, MLB, soccer, golf, and other formats.
FanDuel Florida App & Mobile Site
The FanDuel mobile app is perfect for fantasy sports in Florida. Available for free download on the Google Play Store and on the Apple App Store, the app has all of the same contests and features. Users can easily select their preferred games and pick their teams. The interface is quite clean and even has a discover tab with the major leagues.
Players in the state can also use the FanDuel Racing app. This is available on the same store as the DFS one and even has a similar interface. Secure banking for funding and withdrawing cash is supported through the apps.
As for the FanDuel Sportsbook app, this is not legal in Florida. You can download the app and sign up while living in Florida, but you can’t bet on the FanDuel lines. In states where it is legal, the FanDuel app offers complete sports gambling support, including live odds for the big events.
Where is FanDuel Sportsbook Legal?
FanDuel Sportsbook is now live in 13 states and will probably launch in a few more soon. It is quickly becoming one of the largest betting sites in the nation as more and more states legalize sportsbooks. We might even see Florida on the list in the near future.
For now, these are the states where the FanDuel Sportsbook is legal: New York, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
FanDuel is now a fully-fledged online gambling operator. It first launched in 2009 as a daily fantasy sports company. From here, FanDuel grew at an astonishing pace and became one of the two largest DFS brands in the world. As the gambling market in the US changed and more states legalized sports betting, FanDuel launched its own dedicated sportsbook. It later added a racebook and a casino.
One issue to its varied offering is that not all products are available in all states. FanDuel Florida doesn’t have a sportsbook or a casino. Instead, players only have access to the fantasy sports and the horse racebook in the Sunshine State. This still gives an important brand presence since residents can become familiar with it and its services.
This is where FanDuel really gets to shine. By already being present in Florida, it is in a great spot for when sports betting becomes legal. It can even be a great fit for an all-in-one site for online gambling in Florida, if it becomes legal. And until then, it can improve on its platform based on the performance in legal states. We checked out the full package to give you the most important details.
- New player sportsbook bonuses of up to $1,000
- Clean user interface for desktop and mobile betting
- Superb coverage of sports for betting and fantasy
- Points-based loyalty program with multiple levels
- Accepts PayPal, Venmo, cards, PayNearMe, and more
- Doesn’t offer support by phone
- Sports betting not available in Florida
FanDuel has welcome bonuses for each of its products. So, if you want to join FanDuel DFS in Florida, you can sign up now and claim a 20% bonus on your first deposit. For horse racing, FanDuel has a 100% deposit match of up to $50. It also adds an extra $10 in daily fantasy sports credit. This makes a great overall deal for casual bettors who want to try out FanDuel in Florida.
As for the FanDuel Sportsbook, players in regulated states are eligible for a risk-free bet of up to $1,000 and a $1,000 casino cash-back bonus. If the first bet on the site loses, you will receive your stake back.
FanDuel promo codes can award extra bonuses and exclusive rewards. You just have to enter the code in the designated box in the cashier and make a qualifying deposit. You may also need to select the preferred offer based on the product you plan on using.
Real money banking for legal betting at FanDuel in Florida is available through a range of payment options. Popular methods include PayPal, prepaid cards, Venmo, and online banking. These are also great for withdrawing cash if you deposit with them in the past. Another option for depositing is PayNearMe, with transactions usually processed within 15 minutes. Unfortunately, Bitcoin is not available for banking.
Withdrawing cash from the account is pretty easy. Users are required to verify their accounts and use the same banking methods that were used to add funds. You can find a complete guide on how to use FanDuel in Florida and withdraw cash in the help section.
For any questions or assistance, the customer support service on the site is great. It has a large help section with answered questions and two contact options. The FanDuel live chat support in Florida is available 24/7 and connects right away. You can also send an email by using the provided message form. It normally takes 12 hours for the first response by email.
Choice of sports
The range of available sports at FanDuel Florida is impeccable. Daily fantasy competitions are available for all of the popular leagues in North America. Even the racebook has great coverage and presents betting options from 300+ tracks. Furthermore, we can guarantee that the sportsbook will have a great choice of sports when FanDuel becomes legal in Florida.
Is FanDuel legal in Florida?
When is FanDuel coming to Florida?
Can I use FanDuel in Florida?
How to use FanDuel in Florida?
What states can you use FanDuel in?
- Kyrie Irving says Cavaliers ‘would’ve won more championships’ if he was more mature
- How to Watch NBA Playoffs and Stream NBA Conference Finals for Free?
- NBA Playoffs Second Round Game 7 Picks and Bets for May 15, 2022
- Jimmy Butler yells ‘Tobias Harris over me?!’ after Heat defeat 76ers
- NBA Player Props Today | Best Bets for NBA Playoffs Round 2 Game 6