|Marquese Chriss (waived)||$758,804|
|Shaun Livingston (stretched)||$666,667|
|Dragan Bender (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Dragan Bender (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Jeremy Pargo (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Chasson Randle (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Zach Norvell (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Mychal Mulder (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the D’Angelo Russell sign and trade. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Stephen Curry. Ky Bowman
SG: Damion Lee, Jordan Poole, Mychal Mulder, Klay Thompson (injured)
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Juan Toscano-Anderson
PF: Draymond Green, Eric Paschall, Alen Smailagic
C: Marquese Chriss, Kevon Looney, Dragan Bender
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Andre Iguodala, expiring 7/7/20) — $17,185,185
- Trade Exception (Kevin Durant, expiring 7/7/20) — $869,699
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Trevon Graham, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Damian Jones, expiring 7/8/20) — $407,257
- Trade Exception (Willie Cauley-Stein, expiring 1/25/21) — $2,177,483
- Trade Exception (Jacob Evans, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,925,880
- Trade Exception (Omari Spellman, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,897,800
- Trade Exception (Alec Burks, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,620,564
- Trade Exception (Glenn Robinson III, expiring 2/5/21) — $1,620,564
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,553,410 (Willie Cauley-Stein, Alen Smailagic, Eric Paschall, Damion Lee, Ky Bowman, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Mychal Mulder)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Shaun Livingston (stretched), Julian Washburn (two-way), Devyn Marble, Andrew Harrison, Kavion Pippen, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Jared Cunningham Nick Zeisloft, Alfonzo McKinnie (claimed by the Cleveland Cavaliers), Marquese Chriss
Traded Players: Andre Iguodala, Kevin Durant (sign and trade), Damian Jones, Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham, Willie Cauley-Stein, Alec Burks, Glenn Robinson III, D’Angelo Russell, Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Zach Norvell Jr., Jeremy Pargo, Dragan Bender, Mychal Mulder, Chasson Randle
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development), Aaron Miles (player development coach), Theo Robertson (player development coach), Luke Loucks (player development coach), Seth Cooper (player development coach)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance) Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Rick Welts — president and chief operating officer
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Mike Dunleavy Jr. — assistant general manager
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- Zaza Pachulia — consultant
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Kyle Korver, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Willie Cauley-Stein).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise conveys as a 2025 second-rounder) to the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Durant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets or Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder (top-three prote3cted, unprotected in 2022) from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler, Alec Burks).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson, Alec Burks).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela).
- 2024 — Owe first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala); $3.6 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Treveon Graham/Shabazz Napier) — $17,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): None
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Jordan Poole (28th), Eric Paschall (41st) and Miye Oni (58th).
- 6/20/19 — Traded 2021 and 2023 second-rounders and $1,000,000 to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Alen Smailagic (39th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Miye Oni (58th) to the Utah Jazz for $2,000,000.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Jordan Bell.
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Quinn Cook.
- 7/2/19 — Withdrew Quinn Cook’s qualifying offer.
- 7/4/19 — Signed Jordan Poole (2019-28th) to a $10,090,879 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Andre Iguodala and a protected 2024 first-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies for Julian Washburn.
- 7/7/19 — Sent Kevin Durant (via sign and trade) and a protected 2020 first-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets for D’Angelo Russell (also via sign and trade), Treveon Graham and Shabazz Napier.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham and $3.6 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th).
- 7/8/19 — Signed Willie Cauley-Stein to a two-year $4,463,840 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Alen Smailagic (2019-39th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $6,129,593 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Eric Paschall (2019-41st) to a three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Traded Damian Jones and a 2026 second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks for Omari Spellman.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a one-year $1,882,867 minimum contract.
- 7/10/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Jordan Bell.
- 7/10/19 — Waived and stretched Shaun Livingston.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Klay Thompson to a five-year $189,903,600 contract.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Alec Burks to a one-year $2,320,044 minimum contract.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed Kevon Looney to a three-year $14,464,287 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Ky Bowman to a two-way contract.
- 7/29/19 — Re-signed Damion Lee to a two-way contract.
- 8/3/19 — Signed Draymond Green to a four-year $99,666,360 extension.
- 8/9/19 — Signed Devyn Marble to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 8/31/19 — Signed Andrew Harrison to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/19 — Signed Juan Toscano-Anderson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Marquese Chriss to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/5/19 — Waived Devyn Marble.
- 10/5/19 — Signed Kavion Pippen to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Andrew Harrison, Kavion Pippen and Juan Toscano-Anderson.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Jared Cunningham to a $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Nick Zeisloft to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Alfonzo McKinnie, Jared Cunningham and Nick Zeisloft.
- 10/30/19 — Picked up Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans’ third-year rookie-scale options.
- 1/7/20 — Waived Marquese Chriss.
- 1/15/20 –Signed Damion Lee to a partially-guaranteed $4,515,983 contract, ending his two-way.
- 1/15/20 — Signed Marquese Chriss to a two-way contract.
- 1/25/20 — Traded Willie Cauley-Stein to the Dallas Mavericks for a Utah Jazz 2020 second-rounder.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III to the Philadelphia 76ers for a 2020 Dallas Mavericks second-rounder, a 2021 Denver Nuggets second-rounder and a 2022 Toronto Raptors second-rounder.
- 2/6/20 — Traded D’Angelo Russell, Jacob Evans and Omari Spellman to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, a protected 2021 first-rounder and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 2/7/20 — Signed Marquese Chriss to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,478,472 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 2/7/20 — Signed Ky Bowman to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,650,791 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 2/7/20 — Signed Juan Toscano-Anderson to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,650,791 minimum contract.
- 2/8/20 — Signed Jeremy Pargo to a 10-day $91,557 contract.
- 2/8/20 — Signed Zach Norvell Jr. to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 2/17/20 — Jeremy Pargo and Zach Norvell Jr.’s 10-day contracts expired.
- 2/23/20 — Signed Dragan Bender to a 10-day $94,851 contract.
- 2/27/20 — Signed Mychal Mulder to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 3/3/20 — Dragan Bender’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/3/20 – Signed Chasson Randle to a 10-day $91,557 contract.
- 3/5/20 — Re-signed Dragan Bender to a second 10-day $94,851 contract.
- 3/7/20 — Mychal Mulder’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/10/20 — Signed Mychal Mulder to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,488,384 contract.
- 6/23/20 — Chasson Randle’s 10-day contract expired.
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Klay Thompson — 15 percent
- Draymond Green — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: David West** ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Andrew Bogut ($1,620,564), Jonas Jerebko ($1,620,564), Matt Barnes** ($1,620,564), Marcus Derrickson (two-way)
** Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th), Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Arena: Oracle Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/20)
- Nets’ Ben Simmons (back) to remain out for at least 2 more weeks
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic welcomes first child with fiancée Anamaria Goltes
- Trail Blazers granted $5.8 million disabled player exception for Robert Williams III
- Kevin Durant passes Moses Malone for 10th on NBA’s all-time scoring list
- After 14 games with Kings, Sasha Vezenkov admits that the NBA is faster than EuroLeague