|Marcelo Huertas (waived)||$1,500,000|
|Pablo Prigioni (waived)||$1,050,961|
|Gary Payton II (waived)||$543,471|
|Bobby Brown (waived)||$253,759|
|Isaiah Taylor (waived)||$50,000|
|Troy Williams (waived)||$31,969|
Quick: Under cap by $3.1 million.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Nene)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Bobby Brown, Isaiah Taylor
SG: James Harden, Eric Gordon
SF: Trevor Ariza, Troy Williams
PF: Ryan Anderson, Sam Dekker, Kyle Wiltjer
C: Clint Capela, Montrezl Harrell, Nene, Chinanu Onuaku
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/1/16 — Hire Coach Mike D’Antoni.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Chinanu Onuaku (37th) and Zhou Qi (43rd)
- 6/29/16 — Dwight Howard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a $4,433,683 qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 7/9/16 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry, Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones and Josh Smith.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Ryan Anderson to a four-year, $80 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Gordon to a four-year, $52.9 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Restructured and extended James Harden’s contract to a four-year, $118 million deal, player option on final season.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Chinanu Onuaku (2016-37th) to a three-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Nene to a one-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Pablo Prigioni to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.2 million contract.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 9/22/16 — Traded Michael Beasley to Milwaukee Bucks for Tyler Ennis.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Gary Payton II to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448.720 contract ($543,471).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Kyle Wiltjer to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448.720 contract ($275,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Isaiah Taylor to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Bobby Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/29/16 — Signed P.J. Hairston to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/1/16 — Qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas expired.
- 10/25/16 — Picked up team option on Clint Capela.
- 10/30/16 — Picked up team options on Sam Dekker.
- 10/31/16 — Declined team option on Tyler Ennis.
- 12/5/16 — Matched Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet to Donatas Motiejunas to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $31 million contract — voided when Motiejunas refused to report for a physical.
- 12/7/16 — Signed Bobby Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $680,534 contract.
- 12/16/16 — Renounced rights to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 1/10/17 — Bobby Brown’s $680,534 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Kyle Wiltjer’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Corey Brewer and a first-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers for Lou Williams.
- 2/23/17 — Traded K.J. McDaniels to Brooklyn Nets for $75,000.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Tyler Ennis and the rights to Brad Newley (2007-54th) to Los Angeles Lakers for Marcelo Huertas.
- 2/27/17 — Signed Isaiah Taylor to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3,112,562 contract.
- 3/10/17 — Signed Troy Williams to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
- 3/20/17 — Signed Troy Williams for the rest of the season at $150,000.
Waived Players: Andrew Goudelock, Isaiah Taylor, Gary Payton II, Pablo Prigioni, P.J. Hairston, Bobby Brown, Marcelo Huertas
Traded Players: Corey Brewer, K.J. McDaniels
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Troy Williams
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Lou Williams)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Zhou Qi (2016-43rd), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $75,000 from Brooklyn Nets (K.J. McDaniels)
- James Harden — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (head coach Matt Brase)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/22/17)
- London Johnson signs two-year contract with G League Ignite
- 76ers guard James Harden on his explosiveness: “It’s getting there”
- Lakers have ‘seriously considered’ trading Russell Westbrook
- Adelaide 36ers become first NBL team to defeat an NBA team
- Ben Simmons to make Brooklyn Nets debut vs 76ers on Monday