|Rodney Stuckey (waived)||$7,000,000|
|Jeremy Evans (waived)||$1,227,286|
|Glenn Robinson III||$1,050,500|
|Julyan Stone (waived)||$50,000|
|Ben Bentil (waived)||$50,000|
|Alex Poythress (waived)||$35,381|
|Nick Zeisloft (waived)||$25,000|
Quick: Under the cap by $140,996
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis, Aaron Brooks
SG: C.J. Miles, Lance Stephenson, Joseph Young
SF: Paul George, Glenn Robinson III, Georges Niang
PF: Thaddeus Young, Kevin Seraphin, Lavoy Allen
C: Myles Turner, Al Jefferson, Rakeem Christmas
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/5/16 — Parted ways with Frank Vogel.
- 5/16/16 — Hired Coach Nate McMillan on a three-year contract (TBD).
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Ty Lawson, Solomon Hill and Ian Mahinmi.
- 7/7/16 — Traded George Hill to Utah Jazz for Jeff Teague.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Caris LeVert (2016th-20th) to Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Stanko Barac (2007-39th) to Dallas Mavericks for Jeremy Evans, the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) and $3,227,286.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Al Jefferson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $30 million contract.
- 7/11/16 — Signed Georges Niang (2016-50th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 8/1/16 — Glenn Robinson III’s $1.1 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/26/16 — Signed Julyan Stone to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,015,696 contract ($50,000).
- 8/29/16 — Signed Alex Poythress to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($35,381)
- 9/6/16 — Signed Nick Zeisloft to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($25,000).
- 9/8/16 — Signed Kevin Seraphin to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $3,681,000 contract
- 10/17/16 — Picked up Myles Turner’s third-year option.
- 10/24/16 — Signed Ben Bentil to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 3/30/17 — Signed Lance Stephenson to a three-year, $12,540,000 contract, team option on final season.
Waived Players: Shayne Whittington, Nick Zeisloft, Alex Poythress, Julyan Stone, Jeremy Evans, Ben Bentil, Rodney Stuckey
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Nate McMillan (three-year deal starting with 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Larry Bird — president of basketball operations
- Kevin Pritchard — general Manager
- 2017– Owe second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $3,227,286 from Dallas Mavericks (Jeremy Evans)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/22/17)
- The Vault Slots Review 2023 – Play The Vault Slot at Top Casinos
- Zeus Slots Review 2023 – Play Zeus Slot at Top Casinos
- 7 Fortune Frenzy Slots Review 2023 – Play 7 Fortune Frenzy Slot at Top Casinos
- Oklahoma City Council sets Dec. 15 vote on new $900M arena to keep Thunder through 2050
- Raptors Emerge as Front-Runners for Damian Lillard