|Luol Deng (stretched)||$5,000,000|
|DeMarcus Cousins (waived)||$3,500,000|
|Troy Daniels (waived)||$1,620,564|
|JR Smith (substitute)||$183,115|
|Demetrius Jackson (waived)||$18,970|
|Devontae Cacok (waived)||$10,150|
|Jordan Caroline (waived)||$6,000|
|Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one substitute, two two-ways
PG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Rajon Rondo, Quinn Cook, Avery Bradley (opted out)
SG: Danny Green, Alex Caruso, Dion Waiters, Talen Horton-Tucker
SF: LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma, JR Smith (substitute)
PF: Anthony Davis, Markieff Morris, Jared Dudley, Devontae Cacok (two-way)
C: JaVale McGee, Dwight Howard, Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Avery Bradley)
Waived Players: Aric Holman (claimed by the Dallas Mavericks), Jordan Caroline, David Stockton, Reggie Hearn, Marcus Allen, Devontae Cacok Demetrius Jackson, Zach Norvell (two-way), DeMarcus Cousins, Troy Daniels
Traded Players: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner, Jemerrio Jones
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: South Bay Lakers (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kostas Antetokounmpo, Devontae Cacok (two-years)
Head Coach: Frank Vogel
Assistants: Jason Kidd, Lionel Hollins, Phil Handy, Miles Simon, Mike Penberthy, Quinton Crawford, Greg St. John (player development/advance scout), Dru Anthrop (head video coordinator/player development), Jon Pastorek (assistant video coordinator/player development)
Trainer: Nina Hsieh, Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Judy Seto (director of sports performance), Gunnar Peterson (director of strength and endurance training), Josh Wright (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kristen Andrews (manager of nutrition and wellness), Adi Vase (assistant strengthening and conditioning coach)
- Rob Pelinka — vice president, basketball operations and general manager
- Kurt Rambis — senior basketball advisor
- Jesse Buss — assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Joey Buss — vice president of research and development
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Talen Horton-Tucker, James Ennis).
- 2021 — Owe a first-rounder (only conveys 1-7, unprotected in 2022) to the New Orleans Pelicans (Anthony Davis).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Svi Mykhailiuk).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the Washington Wizards (Anthony Davis), may convey to the Chicago Bulls or Memphis Grizzlies.
- 2023 — The New Orleans Pelicans can swap first-rounders (Anthony Davis).
- 2024 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Anthony Davis). The Pelicans can delay the pick until 2025.
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1 million to the New Orleans Pelicans (Anthony Davis) — $4,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
Note: Kentavious Caldwell Pope Incentives: $350,000 for 4.0 rebounds per game; $300,000 for 1.85 assists per game; $300,000 for 1.2 steals per game; $163,392 for all-NBA first or second defensive team; $50,000 if team advances to conference finals
- 4/9/19 — Magic Johnson stepped down as president of basketball operations.
- 4/12/19 — Parted ways with coach Luke Walton.
- 5/13/19 — Hired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 4th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted De’Andre Hunter (4th).
- 6/20/19 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder and $2.2 million to the Orlando Magic for the rights to Talen Horton-Tucker (46th).
- 6/26/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Alex Caruso and Johnathan Williams.
- 7/1/19 — Sign Zach Norvell to a two-way contract.
- 7/6/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Johnathan Williams.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Johnathan Williams, Tyson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo and Reggie Bullock.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to a two-year $19,009,812 contract (incentives TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed JaVale McGee to a two-year $8.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Danny Green to a two-year $30 million contract.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Quinn Cook to a partially-guaranteed two-year $6 million contract.
- 7/6/19 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to a $3.5 million contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the rights to De’Andre Hunter (4th), $1 million, two future first-rounders and one first-round pick swap to the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis. The trade also includes Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner, Jemerrio Jones and a 2022 second-rounder to the Washington Wizards, with Washington sending cash to the Pelicans.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Alex Caruso to a two-year $5.5 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Troy Daniels to a $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jared Dudley to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Avery Bradley to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/19 — Re-signed Rajon Rondo to a two-year $5,257,744 minimum contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Devontae Cacok to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/9/19 — Signed Aric Holman to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/13/19 — Signed Talen Horton-Tucker (2019-46th) to a two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Jordan Caroline to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/21/19 — Claimed Kostas Antetokounmpo off waivers (Dallas Mavericks).
- 8/13/19 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a non-guaranteed $1,678.854 minimum summer contract.
- 8/26/19 — Waived Aric Holman (claimed by the Dallas Mavericks).
- 8/26/19 — Signed Dwight Howard to a non-guaranteed $2,564,753 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Waived Jordan Caroline.
- 10/4/19 — Signed David Stockton to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/19 — Waived David Stockton.
- 10/15/19 — Signed Reggie Hearn to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Picked up Kyle Kuzma’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Reggie Hearn.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Marcus Allen to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Marcus Allen.
- 10/21/19 — Waived Devontae Cacok and Demetrius Jackson.
- 12/11/19 — Waived Zach Norvell.
- 12/12/19 — Signed Devontae Cacok to a two-year two-way contract.
- 1/10/20 — Dwight Howard’s $2,564,753 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Promoted Rob Pelinka to vice president, basketball operations and general manager.
- 2/23/20 — Waived DeMarcus Cousins.
- 2/23/20 — Signed Markieff Morris for the rest of the season at $1.75 million.
- 3/1/20 — Waived Troy Daniels.
- 3/6/20 — Signed Dion Waiters for the rest of the season at $503,656.
- 7/1/20 — Signed JR Smith to a $289,803 substitute contract (for Avery Bradley).
- LeBron James — 15 percent
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
Arena: Staples Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/29/20)