|Fab Melo (waived)||$437,080|
|Darius Morris (waived)||$52,017|
|Seth Curry (waived)||$43,251|
Quick: Cap team.
2014 NBA Draft: 22nd; 52nd to Philadelphia 76ers
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): Up to $12.0 million, if Zach Randolph opts out.
- Trade Exception (Donte Green, expiring 8/15/14) — $1,207,424
- Trade Exception (Tony Wroten Jr., expiring 8/22/14) — $1,160,040
- Trade Exception (Jerryd Bayless, expiring 1/6/15) — $3,135,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Nick Calathes, Beno Udrih
SG: Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Jamaal Franklin
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller, Quincy Pondexter (injured)
F: Zach Randolph, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Jon Leuer
C: Marc Gasol, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jeremy Pargo).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jon Leuer).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (or cash) to Denver Nuggets (Antonio Daniels, Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 6/27/13 — Traded Darrell Arthur and the 55th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Denver Nuggets for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Jamaal Franklin (41st) and Janis Timma (60th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/12/13 — Signed Jon Leuer to a 3-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/13/13 — Signed Tony Allen to a 4-year, $20 million contract.
- 7/22/13 — Acquired the rights to Nick Calathes from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for removing top-55 protection on 2016 second-rounder.
- 7/23/13 — Claimed Josh Akognon off waivers.
- 7/25/13 — Signed Jamaal Franklin to an estimated 3-year $2.3 million contract.
- 7/29/13 — Signed Mike Miller to a one-year, $ minimum contract
- 8/14/13 — Signed Nick Calathes on an estimated two-year, $1.3 million contract (second non-guaranteed).
- 8/15/13 — Traded Donte Greene to the Boston Celtics for Fab Melo and cash.
- 8/22/13 — Traded Tony Wroten Jr. to the Philadelphia 76ers for a future second-round pick.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Derrick Byars to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Melvin Ely to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.3 million contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Tony Gaffney to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k contract.
- 10/10/13 — Signed Andre Barrett to an estimated one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 10/31/13 — Signed Quincy Pondexter to a four-year, $14 million extension.
- 12/16/13 — Signed James Johnson to a one-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 12/17/13 — Signed Seth Curry to a two-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 1/7/14 — Traded Jerryd Bayless to the Boston Celtics and both a 2014 second-rounder (from Philadelphia 76ers) and a 2017 conditional (TBD) second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Courtney Lee and a 2016 second-rounder from the Celtics.
- 4/3/14 — Signed Darius Morris to a 10-day contract.
- 4/26/14 — Claimed Beno Udrih off waivers.
Waived Players: Fab Melo (via stretch provision), Josh Akognon, Derrick Byars, Willie Reed, Melvin Ely, Tony Gaffney, Andre Barrett, Seth Curry, Darius Morris
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Janis Timma (2013-60th)
Amnesty: Available. Eligible players include Mike Conley and Zach Randolph
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($1.54 million remaining): $1.66 million from Boston Celtics (Donte Greene)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/28/14)
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’