|Jordan Adams (waived)||$1,220,900|
|Troy Williams (waived)||$543,471|
|Toney Douglas (waived)||$379,159|
|Jamaal Franklin (waived)||$163,296|
|Toney Douglas (waived)||$100,593|
|Toney Douglas (expired 10-day)||$57,672|
|Toney Douglas (expired 10-day)||$57,672|
|D.J. Stephens (waived)||$35,000|
|Matt Costello (waived)||$31,500|
|Tony Wroten (waived)||$25,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap; hard-capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (James Ennis)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Andrew Harrison, Wade Baldwin
SG: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Troy Daniels, Wayne Selden
SF: James Ennis, Chandler Parsons
F: JaMychal Green, Brandan Wright, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/7/16 — Fired Dave Joerger.
- 5/29/16 — Hired Coach David Fizdale.
- 6/21/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Wade Baldwin (17th) and Wang Zhelin (57th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 Los Angeles Clippers first-rounder to Boston Celtics for the rights to Deyonta Davis (31st) and Rade Zagorac (35th)
- 6/24/16 — Claimed Tony Wroten off waivers (from New York Knicks).
- 6/29/16 — Declined options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Lance Stephenson, Matt Barnes, Chris Andersen, Jordan Farmar, Keyon Dooling, Bryce Cotton and P.J. Hairston.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Chandler Parsons to a four-year, $94.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Traded cash (TBD) to Charlotte Hornets for Troy Daniels, via sign and trade on a three-year, $10 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Deyonta Davis (2016-31st) to a three-year, $3.9 million contract.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guaranteed for $200k for 2016-17.
- 7/12/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Nick Calathes and Xavier Munford.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James Ennis to a two-year, $5.9 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Mike Conley to a five-year, $152.3 million contract, early termination option on final season.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Wade Baldwin (2016-17th) to a $8.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed D.J. Stephens to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.9 million contract ($35,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Troy Williams to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($150,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Wayne Selden to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 8/4/16 — Signed Tony Wroten to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $2,229,953 contract ($25,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Chris Crawford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/9/17 — Signed Vince Hunter a to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/20/17 — Signed Matt Costello to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($31,500).
- 10/20/17 — Signed Kellen Dunham to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/28/16 — Picked up team option on Jarell Martin.
- 12/5/16 — Signed Toney Douglas to a one-year, $998,193 non-guaranteed contract.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4,264,057 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980,431 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Troy Williams’ $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/30/17 — Signed Toney Douglas to a 10-day $77,379 contract.
- 2/9/17 — Signed Toney Douglas to a 10-day $77,379 contract.
- 2/23/17 — Signed Toney Douglas to a two-year, $2,485,629 contract, team option on second season.
- 3/18/17 — Signed Wayne Selden to a two-year, $1,395,730 contract, team option on second season.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten (twice), Chris Crawford, Vince Hunter, Matt Costello, D.J. Stephens, JaKarr Sampson, Wayne Selden, Kellen Dunham, Jordan Adams, Toney Douglas (twice), Troy Williams
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Toney Douglas (two)
Head Coach: David Fizdale (estimated four-year, $10.2 million deal, starting with 2016-17 season, team option on fourth year)
Assistants: J.B. Bickerstaff (associate head coach), Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- David Mincberg — team counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Rade Zagorac (2016-35th), Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Portland Trail Blazers (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov, Mason Plumlee).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Denver Nuggets (Courtney Lee, Joffrey Lauvergne).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): TBD to Charlotte Hornets (Troy Daniels)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
- Brandan Wright — 15 percent
- Vince Carter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy (Chris Markis general manager and director of basketball operations, interim head coach Glynn Cyprien); new franchise starting for 2017-18 season
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/17)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks