|Brandan Wright (waived)||$5,179,543|
|Wade Baldwin (waived)||$1,874,400|
|Brice Johnson (waived)||$1,331,160|
|Rade Zagoric (waived)||$950,000|
|Jamaal Franklin (stretched)||$163,296|
|Marquis Teague (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|MarShon Brooks (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|Briante Weber (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|Marquis Teague (waived)||$74,816|
|Xavier Rathan-Mayes (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Kobi Simmons (two-way)|
|Myke Henry (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 9/22/18) — $3,408,520
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,697,250
- Mid-Level Exception: $241,037 (Ben McLemore, Rade Zagorac, Dillon Brooks, Ivan Rabb, MarShon Brooks)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Tyreke Evans)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Andrew Harrison, Tyreke Evans, Mario Chalmers, Kobi Simmons (two-way), Mike Conley (injured)
SG: Dillon Brooks, Wayne Selden, Ben McLemore, MarShon Brooks
SF: JaMychal Green, Chandler Parsons, Myke Henry (two-way)
F: Jarell Martin, Ivan Rabb, Omari Johnson
C: Marc Gasol, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons, Myke Henry
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff (interim head coach)
Assistants: Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Greg Buckner, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Phoenix Suns (Troy Daniels).
- 2018 — Best of their own second-rounder, Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee) and Miami Heat’s (Chris Andersen). Orlando Magic will receive second-best pick (Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton) and Rockets will get lowest (Dillon Brooks).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/19/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to JaMychal Green.
- 6/22/17 — Traded a Brooklyn Nets’ 2019 second-rounder to Orlando Magic for the rights to Ivan Rabb (35th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for the rights to Dillon Brooks (45th).
- 6/29/17 — Declined team option on Wayne Selden.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Jeremy Morgan to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (affiliate $50,000).
- 7/1/17 — Signed Wayne Selden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,857,562 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Ben McLemore to a two-year, $10,660,000 contract.
- 7/9/17 — Signed Tyreke Evans to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Rade Zagorac (2016-35th) to a three-year, $2,393,857 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Mario Chalmers to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $2,106,407 contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Dillon Brooks (2017-45th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 9/11/17 — Signed Vince Hunter to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 9/20/17 — Ivan Rabb (2017-35th) to a three-year, $3,946,762 contract, team option on final season.
- 9/22/17 — Traded Troy Williams and a 2018 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for a protected 2018 second-rounder.
- 9/27/17 — Signed JaMychal Green to a two-year $16.4 million contract.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Durand Scott to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/17/17 — Mario Chalmers’ $2,106,407 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 10/30/17 — Picked up team option on Jarell Martin.
- 11/27/17 — Fired Coach David Fizdale.
- 1/13/18 — Signed Myke Henry to a two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded James Ennis to Detroit Pistons for Brice Johnson and swap rights on a 2020 second-rounder.
- 3/5/18 — Signed Xavier Rathan-Mayes to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/14/18 — Signed Briante Weber to a 10-day, $83,129 contract.
- 3/24/18 — Signed Marquis Teague to a 10-day, $83,129 contract.
- 3/27/18 — Signed MarShon Brooks to a 10-day, $86,119 contract.
- 4/3/18 — Signed Marquis Teague for the rest of the season at $74,816
- 4/6/18 — Signed MarShon Brooks to a two-year, $1,905,440 contract.
- 4/6/18 — Signed Omari Johnson to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1,405,890 contract.
Waived Players: Jeremy Morgan, Durand Scott, Wade Baldwin, Rade Zagorac, Vince Hunter (two-way), Brandan Wright, Brice Johnson, Marquis Teague
Traded Players: Troy Daniels
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Briante Weber, Marquis Teague, MarShon Brooks
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
Arena: FedEx Forum
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: MarShon Brooks (signing restriction until 7/6/18), Omari Johnson (signing restriction until 7/6/18)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/8/18)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan