|Gorgui Dieng (waived)||$16,587,688|
|Dion Waiters (waived)||$12,650,000|
|Jaren Jackson Jr||$7,257,360|
|Marko Guduric (waived)||$2,750,000|
|Mario Hezonja (waived)||$1,977,011|
|Xavier Tillman Sr||$1,300,000|
|Dakari Johnson (stretched)||$459,414|
|Tim Frazier (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Tim Frazier (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Sean McDermott (two-way)|
|Killian Tillie (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the John Konchar, Jontay Porter and Xavier Tillman Sr. contracts via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ja Morant, De’Anthony Melton, Tyus Jones, Tim Frazier
SG: Desmond Bane, Grayson Allen, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (two-way)
SF: Dillon Brooks, Justise Winslow (injured)
PF: Kyle Anderson, Xavier Tillman Sr, Jontay Porter, Jaren Jackson Jr (injured), Brandon Clarke (injured)
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Killian Tillie (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,958,000 (John Konchar, Jontay Porter, Xavier Tillman Sr.)
Waived Players: Mario Hezonja, Jahlil Tripp, Marko Guduric, Zhaire Smith, Christian Vital, Shaq Buchanan, Bennie Boatwright, Ahmad Caver, Gorgui Dieng
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Tim Frazier (two)
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (general manager Daniel Marcus, head coach Jason March)
Two-Way Contracts: Sean McDermott, Killian Tillie
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Robert Pera
- Zachary Kleiman — general manager & executive vice president of basketball operations
- Tayshaun Prince — vice president of basketball affairs
- Rich Cho — vice president of basketball strategy
- Chantal Hassard — vice president of team operations and player programs
- Chris Makris — director of player personnel
- Glen Grunwald — senior advisor
- Chris Wallace — senior advisor of player personnel
Head Coach: Taylor Jenkins
Assistants: Blake Ahearn, Brad Jones, Darko Rajakovic, David McClure, James “Scoonie” Penn, Sonia Raman, Vitaly Potapenko
Trainers: Eric Oetter (director of sports medicine), Christopher Chase (director of performance), Michael Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Jeff Deits (head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owed a first-rounder (8-14 range in 2021, top-six protected in 2022, top-three protected in 2023, top-one in 2024 otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) from the Utah Jazz (Mike Conley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder (31-35 range) from the Phoenix Suns (Josh Jackson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Toronto Raptors (Ben McLemore, Terence Davis).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Marc Gasol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Washington Wizards (Brandon Clarke, Admiral Schofield).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Desmond Bane).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/17/20 — Issued qualifying offers to De’Anthony Melton and John Konchar.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Robert Woodard II (2020-40th).
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Yuta Watanabe.
- 11/19/20 — Declined the team option on Jontay Porter.
- 11/19/20 — Issued a qualifying offer to Jontay Porter.
- 11/19/20 — Traded the rights to Robert Woodard II (2020-40th) and a 2020 second-rounder (from the Chicago Bulls or Detroit Pistons) to the Sacramento Kings for the rights to Xavier Tillman Sr. (2020-35th).
- 11/20/20 — Traded a 2023 second-rounder (from the Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets or Miami HEAT) and a 2025 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics, and $1 million to the Portland Trail Blazers for Mario Hezonja from the Trail Blazers and the rights to Desmond Bane (2020-30th) from the Celtics.
- 11/22/20 — Re-signed De’Anthony Melton to a partially-guaranteed four-year $34,627,688 contract.
- 11/22/20 — Re-signed John Konchar to a partially-guaranteed four-year $9 million contract.
- 11/22/20 — Re-signed Jontay Porter to a partially-guaranteed three-year $5,850,000 contract.
- 11/22/20– C.J. Miles ($3,126,308) and Mike Conley ($7,726,567), trade exception expired.
- 11/23/20 — Kyle Korver ($3,440,000) and Jevon Carter ($1,416,852) trade exceptions expired.
- 11/24/20 — Delon Wright ($4,736,842) trade exception expired.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Sean McDermott to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed each season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Killian Tillie to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/25/20 — Signed Desmond Bane (2020-30th) to a $9,944,923 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/25/20 — Signed Jahlil Tripp to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/1/20 — Signed Xavier Tillman Sr. (2020-35th) to a four-year $6,531,283 contract, team option on the final season.
- 12/11/20 — Waived Mario Hezonja.
- 12/11/20 — Signed Ahmad Caver to an $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/15/20 — Waived Jahlil Tripp and Marko Guduric.
- 12/15/20 — Signed Zhaire Smith to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/15/20 — Re-signed Bennie Boatwright to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/16/20 — Waived Zhaire Smith.
- 12/16/20 — Signed Christian Vital to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/16/20 — Waived Christian Vital.
- 12/16/20 — Signed Shaq Buchanan to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/16/20 — Picked up team options on Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr., Brandon Clarke and Grayson Allen.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Shaq Buchanan, Bennie Boatwright and Ahmad Caver.
- 1/4/21 — Signed Tim Frazier to $138,945 10-day contract (hardship).
- 1/14/21 — Tim Frazier’s 10-day contract expired.
- 2/6/21 — Andre Iguodala ($4,185,185) and Bruno Caboclo ($1,845,301) trade exceptions expired.
- 3/26/21 — Waived Gorgui Dieng.
- 4/14/21 — Re-signed Tim Frazier to a second 10-day $138,945 10-day contract.
- 4/24/21 — Tim Frazier’s 10-day expired.
- 4/24/21 — Re-signed Tim Frazier for the rest of the season to a $319,573 minimum contract.
- Kyle Anderson — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Tyler Dorsey**** ($1,620,564)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Satnam Singh (2015-52nd)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: FedEx Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/28/21)
- NBA fan dies at Golden 1 Center during 1st quarter of Pelicans-Kings game
- Kelly Oubre Jr. mocks press for questioning legitimacy of his injury and hit-and-run incident
- Tyrese Haliburton records 1st career triple-double, 3rd 25-point, 10-assist game with 0 turnovers this season
- Famous “pitbull” lawyer Gloria Allred is representing teen in Josh Giddey’s controversial case
- Kings’ Domantas Sabonis passes Bob Cousy, Ben Simmons for 13th-most triple-doubles