|Derrick Williams (waived)||$4,598,000|
|Briante Weber (waived)||$327,989|
|Stefan Jankovic (waived)||$100,000|
|Okaro White (waived)||$100,000|
|Keith Benson (waived)||$75,000|
|Okaro White (expired 10-day)||$31,969|
|Okaro White (expired 10-day)||$31,969|
|Marcus Georges-Hunt (expired 10-day)||$31,969|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Dion Waiters)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson
SG: Rodney McGruder, Wayne Ellington
SF: Dion Waiters, Okaro White, Justise Winslow (injured)
PF: Luke Babbitt, Chris Bosh (injured), Josh McRoberts (injured)
C: Hassan Whiteside, James Johnson, Willie Reed, Udonis Haslem
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/22/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Tyler Johnson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Rodney McGruder to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Dwyane Wade and Luol Deng.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Hassan Whiteside to a four-year, $98.4 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $12.3 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Willie Reed to a two-year, $2.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/10/16 — Renounced the rights to Amar’e Stoudemire, Gerald Green and Dorell Wright.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Derrick Williams to a one-year, $4,598,000 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year, $4.0 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed James Johnson to a one-year, $4.0 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Traded cash $400,000 and a New Orleans Pelicans second-rounder back to the Pelicans for Luke Babbitt.
- 7/10/16 — Matched offered sheet from Brooklyn Nets, signing Tyler Johnson to a four-year, Arenas-rule $50 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Stefan Jankovic to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($100,000).
- 7/16/16 — Signed Okaro White to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($100,000).
- 7/25/16 — Signed Dion Waiters to a two-year, $5.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 8/1/16 — Josh Richardson’s $875k guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/1/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guaranteed at $150,000 for 2016-17.
- 8/17/16 — Signed Beno Udrih to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Keith Benson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,889,382 contract ($75,000).
- 10/17/16 — Signed Vashil Fernandez to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,4371 summer contract.
- 10/18/16 — Signed Luis Montero to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/17/16 — Picked up the team option on Justise Winslow.
- 10/26/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guaranteed for $300,000 for 2016-17.
- 12/1/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guaranteed for $400,000 for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Rodney McGruder’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/17/17 — Signed Okaro White to a $31,969 10-day contract.
- 1/27/17 — Signed Okaro White to a $31,969 10-day contract.
- 2/6/17 — Signed Okaro White to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,523,606 contract.
- 2/8/17 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
Waived Players: Stefan Jankovic, Briante Weber, Okaro White, Keith Benson, Vashil Fernandez, Luis Montero, Beno Udrih (claimed by Detroit Pistons), Derrick Williams
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Okaro White (two), Marcus Georges-Hunt
No-Trade: Tyler Johnson (matched offer sheet)
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: David Fizdale (assistant head coach), Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (James Ennis, Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46t
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $400,000 to New Orleans Pelicans (Luke Babbitt)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Dion Waiters — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (Coach Dan Craig)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/17)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan