|A.J. Hammons (stretched)||$1,312,611|
|Derrick Walton Jr. (two-way)|
|Matt Williams (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Trade Exception (Okaro White, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,312,611
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Goran Dragic, Derrick Walton Jr. (two-way)
SG: Tyler Johnson, Dwyane Wade, Rodney McGruder (injured), Dion Waiters (injured)
SF: Josh Richardson, Wayne Ellington, Luke Babbitt, Derrick Jones (two-way)
PF: Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Udonis Haslem, Jordan Mickey, Kelly Olynyk (injured)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager of basketball operations Adam Simon, Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: Derrick Walton Jr. (one-year), Derrick Jones
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen), Orlando Magic or Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Dwyane Wade).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $5.1 million to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 5/23/17 — Josh McRoberts opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/17 — Willie Reed and Dion Waiters opted out of their contracts.
- 6/30/17 — Josh Richardson’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Bam Adebayo (2017-14th) to a $14,015,772 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/17 — Okaro White’s salary guaranteed at $226,312 for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Wayne Ellington’s $6,270,000 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Udonis Haslem, Willie Reed and Luke Babbitt.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Josh McRoberts, a 2023 second-rounder and $5.1 million to the Dallas Mavericks for A.J. Hammons.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kelly Olynyk to a four-year, $51,210,825 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Dion Waiters to a four-year, $52.0 million contract with incentives (TBD).
- 7/7/17 — Signed James Johnson to a four-year, $60,002,200 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a two-way contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Matt Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/1/17 — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s salaries guaranteed at $452,624 for 2017-18.
- 8/20/17 — Signed Jordan Mickey to a two-year, $3,071,902 contract, team option on second season.
- 9/5/17 — Signed Larry Drew II to a non-guaranteed, one-year $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Erik McCree to a non-guaranteed, one-year $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Josh Richardson to a four-year, $41,965,056 extension, player option on final season.
- 9/19/17 — Picked up team option on Justise Winslow for 2018-19 season.
- 10/10/17 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/12/17 — Signed Tony Mitchell to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/15/17 — Converted Matt Williams’ to a two-way contract.
- 10/17/17 — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 12/31/17 — Signed Derrick Jones to a two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Okaro White to Atlanta Hawks for Luke Babbitt.
- 2/8/18 — Traded a protected 2024 second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers for Dwyane Wade.
- 3/12/18 — Dion Waiters disabled player exception expired.
Waived Players: Chris Bosh (medical retirement), Larry Drew II, Eric McCree, DeAndre Liggins (claimed by Milwaukee Bucks), Tony Mitchell, Matt Williams (two-way), A.J. Hammons (stretched)
Traded Players: Okaro White
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Arena: American Airlines Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
No-Trade: Josh Richardson (through 3/18/18)
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/8/18)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks