|Ryan Anderson (stretched)||$5,214,584|
|AJ Hammons (stretched)||$350,087|
|Yante Maten (waived)||$100,000|
|Gabe Vincent (two-way)|
|Kyle Alexander (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped via the Jimmy Butler sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kendrick Nunn, Goran Dragic
SG: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro, Chris Silva, Gabe Vincent (two-way)
SF: Duncan Robinson, Andre Iguodala, Derrick Jones, KZ Okpala
PF: Bam Adebayo, Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill, Udonis Haslem, Kyle Alexander (two-way)
C: Meyers Leonard, Kelly Olynyk
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (James Johnson, expiring 2/6/21) — $7,533,867
- Mid-Level Exception — $7,892,772 (KZ Okpala, Chris Silva)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Ryan Anderson (stretched), Yante Maten, Mychal Mulder, Jeremiah Martin, Skyler Flatten, Babu Palo, Davon Reed, Kyle Alexander, Daryl Macon (two-way)
Traded Players: Hassan Whiteside, Josh Richardson, Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Dion Waiters
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager Eric Amsler, Coach Eric Glass)
Two-Way Contracts: Gabe Vincent, Kyle Alexander
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Malik Allen, Chris Quinn (player development), Anthony Carter (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president
- Andy Elisburg — senior vice president, basketball operations/general manager
- Chet Kammerer — senior advisor of basketball operations/basketball
- Adam Simon — vice president, basketball operations/assistant general manager
- Shane Battier — vice president, basketball development & analytics
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges, Tobias Harris, Paul George).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr., Dewayne Dedmon).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Bol Manute Bol), may come from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jimmy Butler, Paul George).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Dallas Mavericks or Memphis Grizzlies (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) to the Atlanta Hawks (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (not in the 51-55 range) to the Philadelphia 76ers (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 5/14/19 — Received the 13th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/13/19 — Goran Dragic opted into his $19,217,900 salary.
- 6/19/19 — Traded a 2024 second-rounder (protections TBD) and cash (TBD) to the Atlanta Hawks for the 44th pick in the draft.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Tyler Herro (13th) and Bol Manute Bol (44th).
- 6/21/19 — Hassan Whiteside opted into his $27,093,018 salary.
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Bol Manute Bol (44th) to the Denver Nuggets for a 2022 second-rounder and $1.2 million.
- 7/1/19 — Kendrick Nunn’s salary guaranteed at $50,000 for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Waived and stretched Ryan Anderson.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers and a first-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers for Meyers Leonard from the Blazers and Jimmy Butler on a four-year $140,790,600 contract (player option in the final season), via sign and trade from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 7/6/19 — Traded three second-rounders to the Indiana Pacers for the rights to KZ Okpala (32nd) from the Phoenix Suns.
- 7/7/19 — Signed KZ Okpala (2019-32nd) to a three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Kyle Alexander to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/10/19 — Signed Tyler Herro (2019-13th) to a $17,166,348 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Jeremiah Martin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/11/19 — Signed Chris Silva Martin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/15/19 — Duncan Robinson’s salary guaranteed at $1 million for 2019-20.
- 7/29/19 — Waived Yante Maten.
- 8/1/19 — Derrick Jones’ $1,645,357 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 8/1/19 — Kendrick Nunn’s salary guaranteed at $150,00 for 2019-20.
- 8/6/19 — Re-signed Udonis Haslem to a $2,564,753 contract.
- 9/4/19 — Signed Davon Reed to a $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 9/11/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Bam Adebayo.
- 9/16/19 – Signed Mychal Mulder to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/19 — Signed Daryl Macon to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/19 — Waived Mychal Mulder and Jeremiah Martin.
- 10/15/19 — Signed Skyler Flatten to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/19 — Signed Bubu Palo to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Converted Chris Silva to a two-way contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Skyler Flatten, Babu Palo, Davon Reed and Kyle Alexander.
- 10/19/19 — Converted Daryl Macon to a two-way contract.
- 10/23/19 — Kendrick Nunn’s salary guaranteed at $450,000 for 2019-20.
- 1/8/20 — Waived Daryl Macon (two-way).
- 1/8/20 — Signed Gabe Vincent to a two-way contract.
- 1/10/20 — Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — Signed Chris Silva to a three-year $3,767,520 contract, team option on final season (ending his two-way).
- 1/15/20 — Signed Kyle Alexander to a two-way contract.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Justise Winslow and Dion Waiters to the Memphis Grizzlies, and James Johnson to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill from the Grizzlies.
- 2/6/20 — Wayne Ellington trade exception ($6,270,000) expired.
- 2/6/20 — Signed Andre Iguodala to a two-year $30 million extension, team option on final season.
- Jimmy Butler — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Dwyane Wade ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Luke Babbitt* ($1,620,564), Jordan Mickey* ($1,620,564)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Arena: American Airlines Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/29/20)