|Greg Stiemsma (waived)||$2,676,000|
|TyShawn Taylor (waived)||$788,872|
|Louis Amundson (waived)||$362,917|
|Josh Childress (waived)||$237,292|
|Lance Thomas (waived)||$88,429|
|Arinze Onuaku (waived)||$49,018|
Quick: Cap space used.
2014 NBA Draft: None; 10th to Philadelphia 76ers; 40th to Minnesota Timberwolves
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): Up to $6.6 million, after cutting a high volume of players loose.
Roster Space: 16 guaranteed (permission granted by league)
PG: Jrue Holiday, Brian Roberts, Austin Rivers
SG: Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Anthony Morrow
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Luke Babbitt, Darius Miller, James Southerland
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson
C: Jason Smith, Alexis Ajinca, Jeff Withey, Melvin Ely
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Monty Williams (four-year extension given before 2012/13 season)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Los Angeles Clippers (Rasual Butler).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Higher pick between Sacramento Kings (31-55 range) and Pelicans’ second-rounder will go to Milwaukee Bucks (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
- 7/10/13 — Traded the 6th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft and a protected 2015 first-round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Jrue Holiday and the Pierre Jackson (42nd pick in the 2013 NBA Draft).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a one-year, $3.7 million contract.
- 7/10/13 — Traded Greivis Vasquez to the Sacramento Kings, and Robin Lopez and Terrell Harris to the Portland Trail Blazers for Tyreke Evans (via sign and trade on a four-year, $44 million contract) and the rights to Jeff Withey
- 7/11/13 — Signed Greg Stiemsma to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 7/11/13 — Signed Anthony Morrow on a two-year, $2.2 million minimum contract (second season player option).
- 7/29/13 — Signed Jeff Withey to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract (second season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 8/21/13 — Signed Lance Thomas to a non/partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 8/21/13 — Signed Arinze Onuaku to a non/partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 10/1/13 — Signed Rodney Carney to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1 million minimum contract.
- 10/1/13 — Signed Lazar Hayward to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 10/16/13 — Exercised Anthony Davis’ second-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/16/13 — Exercised Austin Rivers’ second-year rookie-scale option.
- 11/12/13 — Signed Josh Childress to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 11/12/13 — Signed Lou Amundson to a one-year, non-guaranteed million minimum contract.
- 12/20/13 — Signed Alexis Ajinca to a two-year, $1.6 million minimum contract.
- 1/18/14 — Agreed to trade draft pick (TBD) and cash to the Brooklyn Nets for TyShawn Taylor.
- 2/4/14 – Signed Luke Babbitt to a two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract (second season non-guaranteed).
- 4/10/14 — Signed James Southerland for the remainder of the season.
- 4/13/14 — Signed Melvin Ely to a two-year, partially guaranteed minimum contract.
Waived Players: Rodney Carney, Lazar Hayward, Arinze Onuaku, Lance Thomas, Josh Childress, Louis Amundson, TyShawn Taylor, Greg Stiemsma
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Pierre Jackson (2013-42nd)
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/28/14)