|Darion Atkins (waived)||$75,000|
|Thanasis Antetokounmpo (waived)||$75,000|
|Wesley Saunders (waived)||$75,000|
|Jimmer Fredette (expired 10-day)||$55,722|
|Travis Trice (waived)||$50,000|
|Thanasis Antetokounmpo (expired 10-day)||$30,888|
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $10.0-$31.4 million
- Room: $0 (Kevin Seraphin)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jose Calderon, Langston Galloway, Jerian Grant, Tony Wroten (injured)
SG: Sasha Vujacic, Arron Afflalo
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Cleanthony Early, Lance Thomas (injured)
PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Derrick Williams, Lou Amundson
C: Robin Lopez, Kyle O’Quinn, Kevin Seraphin
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/16/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Tony Wroten.
- 6/22/16 — Player option on Derrick Williams and Arron Afflalo.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Cleanthony Early and Langston Galloway.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/1/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $25,000 for 2016/17.
- First game of the season — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $125,000 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- Earlier of three days prior to NBA draft or seven days after team’s final game, before 6/29/17 — Player option on Kyle O’Quinn.
- 12/15/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $345,000 for 2016/17.
- 1/10/17 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $1,050,961 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option (player) for Carmelo Anthony.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Kristaps Porzingis with the 4th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Tim Hardaway Jr. to Atlanta Hawks for Jerian Grant (2015-19th).
- 6/25/15 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder, a 2021 second-rounder and $1.5 million in cash to Philadelphia 76ers for Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th)
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Travis Wear, Alexey Shved, Shane Larkin, Andrea Bargnani, Quincy Acy, Baron Davis, Jason Smith and Mike Bibby.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Robin Lopez to a four-year, $54 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Derrick Williams to a two-year, $9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Arron Afflalo to a two-year, $16 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded $100k and gave Orlando Magic the rights to swap second-rounders in 2019 for Kyle O’Quinn, via sign and trade on a four-year, $16 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Re-signed Lance Thomas to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/28/15 — Re-signed Lou Amundson to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/28/15 — Signed Kristaps Porzingis (2015-4th) to an $18.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/28/15 — Signed Jerian Grant (19th) to a $7.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/5/15 — Signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st) to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k) $1.4 million contract.
- 8/6/15 — Signed Kevin Seraphin to a $2.8 million contract.
- 8/7/15 — Signed Sasha Vujacic to a $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Darion Atkins to a partially-guaranteed ($75k), $525k rookie minimum contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Wesley Saunders to a partially-guaranteed ($75k), $525k rookie minimum contract.
- 9/15/15 — Langston Galloway’s salary guaranteed for $440k.
- 9/22/15 — Signed Travis Trice to a partially-guaranteed ($50k), $525k rookie minimum contract.
- 9/22/15 — Signed DeJuan Summers to a non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 1/10/16 — Langston Galloway’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/29/16 — Signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo to a $30.9k 10-day contract.
- 2/8/16 — Fired Derek Fisher.
- 2/22/16 — Signed Jimmer Fredette to a $59.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/16/16 — Signed Tony Wroten to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,218,367 contract.
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony, Lou Amundson, Lance Thomas
Waived Players: Ricky Ledo, Thanasis Antetokounmpo (expired 10-day), Jimmer Fredette (expired 10-day)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th), Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th)
Interim Head Coach: Kurt Rambis
Assistants: Jim Cleamons, Brian Keefe, Rasheed Hazzard, Joshua Longstaff (player development)
Trainer: Roger Hinds, Anthony Goenaga (assistant)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Orlando Magic have right to swap second-rounders (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $100k to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn),
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Carmelo Anthony — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
D-League Affiliate: Westchester Knicks
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/16)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks