With the 21st pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select guard Tyrese Maxey from Kentucky.
Defense wasn’t an issue for the boys in the city of Brotherly Love. But, with Maxey, the rich get richer. An engaged defender, Maxey is aggressive and has made good use of his longer frame. Likewise, his effort is uncompromising — Maxey has a knack for fighting through screens and has shown no issue with taking on stronger assignments.
On offense, Maxey is a solid shot creator, a profile that the 76ers desperately need. He’s not the quickest guard off the dribble, but he can be clever with his motion to get to his spots.
Those skills should be a good fit next to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, especially if his ability to absorb contact translates to the pros. With the newly acquired sharpshooter Danny Green as a running mate, Maxey should be a good fit for the Sixers whether if he’s starting or coming off the bench.
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
NBA 2 weeks ago
Houston Rockets Head Coach Ime Udoka Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife