With the eighth pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select Obi Toppin from Dayton.
Toppin is arguably the best athlete in the draft. He can finish strong at the rim and is quick to get out in transiton. At Dayton, Toppin was a strong, efficient isolation scorer and, while the Knicks may not lean on him in that area, he is capable of answering if need-be.
More of a tweener, Toppin’s fit for New York on the court should come at the three- or the four-spot. That said, and despite that size, he has big frame and projects as a strong defender.
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic