The Atlanta Hawks’ Al Horford and the Minnesota Timberwolves’ Mo Williams today were named NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Jan. 12, through Sunday, Jan. 18.
Horford appeared in three-of-four games during the Hawks’ 4-0 week. He averaged 21.7 points on a league-leading .844 (27-of-32) shooting percentage, and added 8.0 rebounds and 6.3 assists. He posted a triple-double with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists during a 105-87 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Jan. 13. On Jan. 16, Horford shot 8-of-8 from the floor en route to a 22-point night as the Hawks beat the Toronto Raptors 110-89.
Williams helped the Timberwolves to a 2-1 week behind averages of 30.3 points (third in the NBA), 6.3 assists (sixth in the Western Conference) and 39.8 minutes (third in the NBA). Both of Minnesota’s wins came on the road. Williams erupted for an NBA season-high 52 points on Jan. 13 during a 110-101 win over the Indiana Pacers.
NBA Team Salaries
- Portland Trail Blazers vs Golden State Warriors: preview, prediction and betting tips – Warriors poised to dominate at home
- Gonzaga Bulldogs vs Duke Blue Devils picks, preview & betting tips – High talent won’t equate to high pace
- New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz: preview, prediction and betting tips – Jazz can claim another ATS win on Friday
- Washington Wizards vs Oklahoma City Thunder preview, prediction & betting tips – Thunder can cover against hot-start Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks vs Memphis Grizzlies preview, prediction & betting tips – Hawks can keep rolling against Grizzlies on Friday
Main Page2 weeks ago
Celtics vs. Cavaliers: Betting Picks, Predictions and Preview
Main Page1 week ago
Warriors vs. Nets: Predictions, Betting Picks and Preview
Main Page4 days ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
Main Page1 week ago
76ers vs. Jazz: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks