Kevin Love called out (J.J.) Barea and Dante Cunningham for sitting on the bench during timeouts and pouting because they weren’t playing late in a Jan. 8 loss to Phoenix during which the Wolves blew a six-point lead with 96 seconds left.
On Tuesday at Phoenix, Barea again clearly was unhappy when he was taken out midway through the fourth quarter. Saunders on his weekly KFAN radio show said he put Barea “on notice” and said he needs to contain his emotions better.
“It’s going to be tough for me to change,” Barea said. “I can calm down a little bit. I let it go real quick. I get a little mad. I wish I could be out there a little longer. Things happen and then I get back to getting my team going from the bench.
“I don’t think I’ve got to change it. I care about the game. I care about the team. I care about winning. So sometimes I show it a little bit more than others. No big deal.”
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers
NBA 1 week ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NBA 4 days ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
Main Page 1 week ago
LaMelo Ball becomes 2nd-fastest, 3rd-youngest player in NBA history to reach 500 career 3-pointers
NBA 2 weeks ago
Jonathan Isaac becomes first athlete to launch signature shoes with Bible verses inscribed on them