Barnes: Players Avoiding Lakers’ Mgmt, Not Kobe
Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes, who played alongside Bryant for two seasons with the Lakers, has a theory about his former team’s recent rut.
The common misconception is that players cower at the idea of playing with Kobe due to his ultracompetitive nature, says Barnes.
“The reason people don’t want to go to the Lakers is because of management,” Barnes tells SI.com. “Kobe can be the scapegoat all they want but if you play hard, Kobe likes you. And if you bulls— around, he doesn’t. It’s plain and simple. He’s not a vocal leader.
- WATCH: Charles Barkley was not convinced by Adam Silver’s explanation of the new in-season tournament
- Nikola Jokic Net Worth, Salary, & Income After Taxes In 2023
- NBA Reports: Kyrie Recruiting LeBron to Join Him in Dallas
- Experienced trainer Sam Cassell reportedly set to join Boston’s coaching staff under Joe Mazzulla
- Top College Basketball Players Earn an Average of a Half a Million Dollars From NIL Collectives in Transfer Portal Deals
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 6 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 1 week ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes