Wesley Matthews returned to practice Friday. Sort of.
The Trail Blazers’ starting shooting guard, who missed parts of two workouts this week because of an irregular heartbeat, returned on a limited basis Friday, when the team went through a roughly two-hour workout at the practice facility in Tualatin.
Matthews participated in a few up-tempo defensive drills early in practice and also worked into some “live” half-court action. But he did not play in any full-court scrimmages. It was a calculated first step by the Blazers’ medical staff to ease Matthews back into practice, and he reported no setbacks afterward.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks