NBA News Wire
Cavs’ James back in action vs. Suns
PHOENIX — Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James returned to action Tuesday to face the Phoenix Suns.
James missed the previous eight games due to a left knee injury and a lower back strain, and the Cavaliers went 1-7 in that span, losing the past five.
“Obviously, we’re happy to have him back,” Cleveland coach David Blatt said. “He’s a very big part of our team. He’s a dominant player in the NBA. I would just caution, to be fair with him, he hasn’t played competitive basketball here for eight games, and that’s not a normal thing for LeBron. He’s a guy that doesn’t miss many games. …
“I’m sure like any other human being, it will take him a little bit of time to find his normal rhythm, but I know he’ll go out there and give it everything he’s got.”
James, who last played Dec. 28 against the Detroit Pistons, ranks second in the NBA with an average of 25.2 points per game.
- Houston forward Jarace Walker declares for 2023 NBA Draft
- NCAA Tournament has zero No. 1 seeds in Elite Eight for first time since seeding began in 1979
- Luke Kennard becomes second player in NBA history to record 30 points on only 3-pointers
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic fined $35K for money gesture toward referee
- Michigan State Basketball Coach Tom Izzo Says Big Ten is Best Conference in College Basketball, But March Madness Data Disagrees
NBA 4 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 1 week ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 4 days ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss