He (Kyrie Irving) knows he’s been no leader, no influence for players, but just a one-and-done collegiate athlete given apprentice status and ownership of an underdeveloped program.
“I haven’t been a leader – not at all,” Irving told RealGM.
“Everybody asks me if this is my year to be a leader … I haven’t been so far though, not at all,” Irving said. “I’ve just been a kid trying to figure it out. There’s no perfect way to be a leader, and coming in as a 19-year-old kid and having everything bearing on your shoulders, there are a lot of ups and downs. Now it’s about being the best every single day and not being afraid.”
- Chicago’s Latest Lonzo Ball Injury Update Is Not The News That Fans Or Himself Wanted To Hear
- Clippers Kawhi Leonard has now scored 24+ points in 11 straight games for the first time in his career
- Nick Wright of First Things First says more hype by NBA media about Steph Curry than LeBron James
- The New York Knicks Reportedly Are Interested In Detroit’s Sadiq Bey Ahead Of The Trade Deadline
- Paolo Banchero, Josh Giddey and Alperen Sengün are chosen to headline the Jordan Rising Stars
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms