The Los Angeles Clippers’ $2 billion sale to ex-Microsoft Corp. (MSFT:US) Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer may not close by a July 15 deadline after what a lawyer for Shelly Sterling called her husband’s “ploy” to block the sale by delaying a trial over its legitimacy.
Donald Sterling, 80, had his wife’s state court case moved to federal court last week, throwing into doubt a trial set to start today in the California court over whether she followed the rules of a family trust in having him declared incapacitated and unable to negotiate the sale.
Shelly Sterling and Ballmer yesterday filed an emergency application in federal court to send the case back to Superior Court in Los Angeles, according to court electronic records. No ruling was issued immediately.
“Donald is calculating that he can delay the probate court’s ruling on Shelly’s petition long enough to jeopardize the closing occurring before July 15,” according to Shelly Sterling’s filing. “This case cries out for a swift rebuke to Donald’s cynical abuse of the judicial process.”
NBA Team Salaries
- Jazz vs Suns NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
- Knicks vs Cavaliers NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
- Pacers vs Pelicans NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
- Texas Tech vs Kansas College Basketball Picks and Betting Prediction for Today
- Gary Harris is Re-Vitalizing Himself in Orlando
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA Betting Picks: San Antonio Spurs vs New York Knicks preview, prediction and picks
Main Page6 days ago
Pistons vs Warriors NBA Picks, Betting Trends and Prediction for Tonight’s Game
NBA5 days ago
Grizzlies vs Bucks Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
NBA1 week ago
Elijah Hughes Staying Ready For Opportunity