Coppin State snapped a three-game losing skid and hit a season-high 14 3-pointers to beat North Carolina A&T, 70-54, in a MEAC game Monday night at the Corbett Sports Center in Greensboro, N.C.
Coppin improved to 7-13 overall and 4-3 in the MEAC, winning for the third time in its last 12 games. North Carolina A&T dropped to 7-14 and 3-3 in the MEAC.
The victory marked the first Eagles win at Corbett since a 64-58 win on Feb. 17, 2007.
Coppin senior guard Andre Armstrong led the way for the Eagles with 16 points. Aggies senior guard Richaud Pack led all scorers with 21.
Coppin led from start to finish, up by as much as 61-36. The game was over by halftime. On 9-for-18 3-point shooting, Coppin opened leads of 19-4 within the first 10 minutes and 24-4 within the first 13 minutes. A&T charged back with eight straight points to close within 30-15, but Coppin cruised the rest of the way to go into intermission up 40-23.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Head Coach Mark Daigneault Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Knicks vs. Bucks Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Dec. 5)
- Super Max: Is Max Christie a legit rotational player for the Lakers?
- Mavericks’ Tim Hardaway Jr. still No. 1 favorite to win NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Girlfriend Hailey Summers Expecting First Child
NBA 2 weeks ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Timberwolves’ Jaden McDaniels out 2-3 weeks with right ankle sprain
NBA 6 days ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant