Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry is adopting a soccer star’s garb and mentality.
Curry played 29 minutes in Friday night’s 128-108 win against the Portland Trail Blazers while sporting soccer-style, plastic-coated shin guards meant to protect a nagging shin bruise that has flared up on contact three times in the past four games. He scored 26 points on 8-of-18 shooting and 4-of-11 from 3 as well as nine assists.
“I’ve got to bring out my Messi mindset tonight, so we’ll see,” Curry said before the game, referring to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.
Source: Ethan Sherwood of ESPN
- Dallas Mavericks trade for Kyrie Irving
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Legal 1 day ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms