The Texas Legends, presented by Veracruz (visit Veracruz.mx), have acquired guard P.J. Hairston from the University of North Carolina.
Hairston (6-6, 220) will be the first player to enter the NBA Development League mid-season after having been enrolled in college to start the 2013-14 season. In 2011, Hairston was chosen as a McDonald’s All-American and Parade All-American. As a sophomore at North Carolina, he led UNC in scoring and was 10th overall in the ACC with 14.6 ppg while averaging only 1.2 turnovers.
Hairston will not be eligible to be called up, but will enter into the 2014 NBA Draft and is currently projected by some NBA draft analysts to be drafted in the first round of the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Grizzlies add Justin Bean, Jacob Gilyard to training camp roster
- Knicks’ Jalen Brunson proposes to girlfriend Ali Marks at high school
- Knicks president Leon Rose won’t interfere in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation
- Trail Blazers sign five-year NBA veteran Wes Iwundu
- Hornets coach Steve Clifford impressed by LaMelo Ball
Main Page5 days ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
Indiana2 weeks ago
Indiana online sports betting handle reaches US$238m for August
NBA4 days ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA4 days ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks