The crowd at the American Airlines Center held its collective breath as J.J. Barea limped to the locker room midway through the first quarter. The Dallas Mavericks already were missing a pair of starters, their two primary offensive initiators in Deron Williams and Chandler Parsons. They couldn’t afford to lose the surprising star of their improbable playoff push, right?
Yes, they could for at least one night, when the Mavs took a major step toward punching their postseason ticket with a 103-93 win over the Memphis Grizzlies despite Barea’s early exit due to a strained right groin.
Source: Tim MacMahon of ESPN
- The Orlando Magic are the most efficient NBA team in the fourth quarter since December
- Danilo Gallinari on returning this season: ‘My mindset is there is definitely a chance’
- Lakers’ Lonnie Walker IV Taking The Next Step In Returning Back To The Court
- Top 10 Plays From Wednesday Night As Jordan Poole’s Layup Wins The Game For Golden State
- Pistons’ Cory Joseph (back) out, Isaiah Stewart (shoulder) questionable vs. Nets
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 1 day ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic