It was an entertaining, if meaningless game Wednesday in the Spurs’ preseason opener, with Alba Berlin clawing back from a huge early deficit before stunning the defending NBA champions 94-93 on Jamel McLean’s running bank shot from about 15 feet as time expired.
McLean stole an errant inbound pass from Tim Duncan before racing down court. It was the last of 24 turnovers for the Spurs, who also shot just 4 for 16 on 3-pointers in their first official action since crushing Miami in last season’s Finals for their fifth championship.
Interestingly, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich went for the victory, giving Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Kawhi Leonard big fourth-quarter minutes as the two teams battled back and forth. The Spurs, who blew all of an early 16-point lead, appeared to have things wrapped up as Parker headed to the foul line with 14.1 seconds left.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors preview prediction and picks
- Betting Picks: Los Angeles Clippers vs Los Angeles Lakers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Philadelphia 76ers vs Atlanta Hawks preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines1 week ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton