Delaware dismissed potential 2015 Colonial Athletic Association player of the year candidate Jarvis Threatt from the team for a violation of team rules, the university announced Tuesday.
The school declined to provide more specifics and said there would be no further comment.
Threatt, a 6-foot-2 guard, averaged 18.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 2.5 steals in 25 games last season for the Blue Hens, who reached the NCAA Tournament. He averaged 37 minutes per game.
In what turned out to be Threatt’s final game for Delaware, he scored 14 points in a loss to Michigan State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in March.
Threatt was suspended for nine games during the season for a violation of athletic department policy but returned to lead the Blue Hens in the CAA tournament and to a win over William & Mary in the final. He was named tournament MVP after averaging 19.7 points and 4.3 assists in three games.
- Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
- Knicks could offer Bucks four first-round draft picks, role players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Pacers’ Myles Turner expresses how difficult it is to interact with fans: ‘People don’t view us as people’
- Knicks, Rangers owner James Dolan: ‘I don’t really like owning teams’
- Former Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett: ‘Anthony Edwards is too big of a personality to be Robin’
Main Page 4 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 1 week ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season