Still up in the air is the future of center Nerlens Noel, who was acquired in a trade last season from the Philadelphia 76ers. The 6-foot-11, 228-pounder averaged 8.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 22 games with the Mavericks last season.
Noel is a restricted free agent who has yet to sign with any team. If he were to sign a contract sheet with another team, the Mavericks would have the opportunity to match.
“He’s so young and so athletic. I’d love to keep him,” [Dirk] Nowitzki said. “I’m sure that is what the Mavs are thinking. … We obviously traded for him last year with the hope he will stay with this franchise for a long time.
“I understand the business side of it. He’s a restricted free agent. I’m sure [Mavericks owner] Mark [Cuban] and [general manager] Donnie [Nelson], the leaders of the franchise, are trying to play the right business move. We’ll have to wait to see how it all ends up.”
Source: Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks