Thursday’s anticipated early-season matchup between the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs and the 5-0 Houston Rockets will not be as meaningful as expected.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has a habit of resting his veteran players from time to time during the season, and he has decided to keep guard Manu Ginobili and forward Tim Duncan out of the lineup for the game against the Rockets.
Three other Spurs players — guard Marco Belinelli (mild strain, right groin), guard Patty Mills (right shoulder surgery) and Tiago Splitter (tightness, right calf) — are listed as being out for Thursday’s game as well.
Duncan and Ginobili are also on the list of players out for Thursday’s game, although no injury is listed as a reason for those two. In both cases “rest” is the reason the Spurs report for their Thursday absence.
Thursday’s game is the fourth regular-season game of the season for the Spurs (2-1).
- Jamahl Mosley discloses the secret behind coaching rookie Luka Doncic: ‘Dirk mentored him’
- Spurs waive undrafted guard Javante McCoy, now have 20 players under contract
- Head coach Nick Nurse reveals why he signed for Sixers despite having higher offers
- WATCH: Warriors’ Stephen Curry Hit 3-Pointers For 5+ Minutes Without Missing
- Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
Main Page 4 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 1 week ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season