In order to quash any doubts about his ailing back and reassert himself as the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft, Joel Embiid needed to impress NBA scouts and executives on hand at a group workout Friday in Los Angeles.
And that’s exactly what the 7-footer from Cameroon did.
“I did not see any issues with his back,” one veteran NBA scout on hand at the workout told SNY.tv. “He looked very agile and athletic.”
“He looks great,” a second scout said. “Running, jumping, dunking, bent up like a pretzel in warmups and stretching exercises. Had two ex-NBA bigs [Brian Scalabrine and Will Perdue] banging on him underneath. He passed the eyeball test big time. Move him up.”
- Austin Rivers, Mo Bamba, and Jalen Suggs collect suspensions after Magic vs Timberwolves skirmish
- Stephen Curry awaits MRI as he exited Mavs vs. Warriors with left leg injury; X-ray came out negative
- Dallas Mavericks trade for Kyrie Irving
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
NBA 7 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Legal 2 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 7 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms