The Nuggets lost for the fifth straight game — dropping eight of their last nine — and left Oracle Arena to the scary sight of Kenneth Faried being wheeled off the floor on a stretcher after the final buzzer.
The forward appeared to be struck in the head on Klay Thompson’s go-ahead layup with 15.6 second remaining in overtime. Faried, who was gingerly helped to seated position on the floor by teammates and Nuggets staff members, was eventually strapped into a neck brace before being transported to a local hospital. Faried twice flashed a thumbs-up to applause from the remaining crowd as the stretcher left the floor.
No immediate update was available on his condition.
Source: Geoff Lepper of The Denver Post
- Who should make the East’s bench at the 72nd Annual All-Star Game?
- 60-year-old man dies after brawl at Vermont middle school basketball game
- Pacers Tyrese Haliburton Expected To Return From 10-Game Absence Tomorrow At Home Vs The Lakers
- Online sports betting could be coming to Vermont with new bill
- Milwaukee’s Brook Lopez Is Statistically Having One Of The Best Defensive Seasons Of His Career
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Main Page 1 week ago
DeMar DeRozan Set To Reach A Career Milestone Tonight In Hawks Vs Bulls