Knicks coach Derek Fisher was a longtime Lakers teammate of 7-foot Spanish center Pau Gasol — the name often used as a comparison to the Knicks’ 19-year-old, 7-foot-3 rookie wonder Kristaps Porzingis.But Fisher only will compare the two Europeans as far as their mental makeup — not their on-court game and slight builds.
And Fisher raves that Porzingis stacks up well with Gasol, the five-time All-Star, in all those vital intangibles.“I’m very reluctant to throw around a lot of comparisons before a guy has played a [preseason] game,’’ Fisher said late Friday night at the Thomas & Mack Center after the Knicks summer league was history.
“But I would say the similarities are the character, that Pau’s an amazing person and Kristaps is the same type of guy in terms of a good teammate, good guy to be around, enjoys working hard and really wants to be the best.
Source: Marc Berman of the New York Post
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%