When rumors swirled about Bernie Bickerstaff perhaps joining then-coach Brian Shaw as an assistant, the blowback was swift and unforgiving — because the hardcore Nuggets fan base has, in fact, never forgiven Bickerstaff for letting a beloved player in his prime go.
The subject was resurrected this week as (Dikembe) Mutombo, one of the best players in Nuggets history, was set to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Bickerstaff brought it up himself as he talked glowingly about Mutombo’s career. He called Mutombo’s departure from the Nuggets after five seasons “the only regret that we had.”
Source: Chris Dempsey of The Denver Post
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again