Center Shevon Thompson had 29 points and 10 rebounds and George Mason pulled away from Catawba in the second half for a 99-69 victory on Wednesday night in Fairfax, Va.
The Patriots (3-6) led by just eight points, 45-37, at halftime. Guard Kijuan Arrington scored the first basket after intermission to pull Catawba (5-4) within six points, but the Indians got no closer.
Up by 10 at 55-45 with 15:49 to play, George Mason went on a 22-6 run to put the game away. The Patriots outscored the Indians 54-32 in the second half.
Six Patriots finished in double figures. Guard Isaiah Jackson had 14 points and made both of his 3-point shots. Forwards Marko Gujanicic and Trey Porter combined for 23 points on 11-of-14 shooting from the field off the bench.
Arrington’s 17 points led Catawaba. Guard Rakeem Brown finished with 16.
George Mason announced before the game that Eric Copes left the team for personal reasons.
Copes was averaging nearly two blocks per game but just 15 minutes of playing time, the lowest total in his four-year career, and missed four games because of an injury. He finishes fourth in Patriots history in career blocked shots with 122.
- Raptors’ O.G. Anunoby rejected a four-year, $117 million extension, could become a free agent next summer
- NBA Rumors: Celtics, Payton Pritchard Negotiating Extension After Jrue Holiday Trade
- Hall of Famer Charles Barkley says that most players with great athleticism are ‘dumb as rocks’
- Superstar James Harden skips Sixers’ Media Day and could be fined
- Celtics trade Robert Williams III, Malcolm Brogdon to Trail Blazers for Jrue Holiday
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 2 weeks ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 1 week ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 5 days ago
Raptors, Heat, and Celtics targeting Jrue Holiday after Damian Lillard trade