And, in an odd twist in a career defined by thriving as an afterthought, (Mike) Conley learned that he had to wear a mask for the basketball world to see him for who he really was.
“It was definitely gratifying to know that finally, after eight seasons, people are starting to notice, it took me to break my face to get the attention,” Conley told Yahoo.
“You learn who you are when you’re going through situations like that, and what you’re made of,” Conley told Yahoo. “I saw that there was another level I can get to and I am that good, I can play with the elite in the game. It solidified that for me.”
Source: Michael Lee of Yahoo Sports
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again