The Memphis Grizzlies recalled forward/center Jarnell Stokes from Iowa of the NBA Development League on Wednesday.
Stokes began his second assignment with Iowa on Dec. 1. The 6-foot-9, 263-pounder recorded 15 points and eight rebounds in 22 minutes in his Iowa regular-season debut on Dec. 2 at Fort Wayne. During his first assignment in Iowa (Nov. 8-10), he posted a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds on Nov. 8 against Sioux Falls in an exhibition played in Memphis at FedExForum.
Stokes, 20, has totaled eight points and seven rebounds on 3-of-3 shooting in 21 minutes through six appearances for the Grizzlies this season.
Stokes was selected by the Utah Jazz in the second round (35th overall) of the 2014 draft after three seasons at the University of Tennessee. The Memphis native was traded to the Grizzlies on draft night for a 2016 second- round draft pick.
- Raptors’ O.G. Anunoby rejected a four-year, $117 million extension, could become a free agent next summer
- NBA Rumors: Celtics, Payton Pritchard Negotiating Extension After Jrue Holiday Trade
- Hall of Famer Charles Barkley says that most players with great athleticism are ‘dumb as rocks’
- Superstar James Harden skips Sixers’ Media Day and could be fined
- Celtics trade Robert Williams III, Malcolm Brogdon to Trail Blazers for Jrue Holiday
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 2 weeks ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 1 week ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 5 days ago
Raptors, Heat, and Celtics targeting Jrue Holiday after Damian Lillard trade