Guard Deron Powers scored 23 points and Hampton took a giant step toward securing a first round bye in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament with a 61-53 victory over Norfolk State.
Guard Du’Vaughn Maxwell added 12 points and nine rebounds for Hampton (17-11, 12-3 in the MEAC), which won its sixth game in a row and ninth in its last 10.
Guard Malcolm Hawkins and center Brandon Goode each had 12 points to lead Norfolk State, which turned the ball over 25 times.
Hampton moved into sole possession of second place in the MEAC with the victory, while Norfolk State dropped to a third-place tie with Morgan State.
The top three seeded teams receive first-round byes in the conference tournament, which begins March 10.
Hampton led, 25-23, at halftime.
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’
Main Page 1 week ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 6 days ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia