“(Roy) Hibbert is very, very good in protecting the rim,” Heat superstar LeBron James said after practice at AmericanAirlines Arena Saturday morning. “They have a lot of two-way guys; George Hill is very solid; Paul George is one of the best two-way guys we have in the league. Lance Stephenson is very good.
“Their [team] is predicated around defense. I’ve been around Nate McMillan with the Olympic team and I know how passionate he is about the defensive side of things. People never bring up his name, but I know he’s the catalyst behind it.”
While Hibbert and his regular-season 2.3 blocks-per-game often dissuade or alter James and Dwyane Wade’s forays to the basket, Hill, the long-armed Stephenson and 6-9 George patrol the 3-point line like an army of Spider-Men.
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan
Main Page2 weeks ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA2 weeks ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA2 weeks ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery