NBA News Wire
Heat’s Allen wants to play another season
On a day when LeBron James opted out of his contract with the Miami Heat, guard Ray Allen indicated he would like to return to play another year alongside James.
In two seasons with the Heat, Allen and James have formed a close bond. After the San Antonio Spurs defeated the Heat for the NBA title, James and Allen vacationed together last week.
If Allen does return for his 19th NBA season, he wants to play with James in Miami or another team. Allen had considered retiring and intimated as much after the NBA Finals.
“One thing is for certain, to [make a retirement decision] on my terms is the most important thing,” Allen told ESPN.com. “Whether that is me retiring, staying here or going somewhere else, it will be on my terms. I’ve made it to this point and I felt great that I have the choice to make it for myself.”
The 38-year-old Allen appeared in 79 regular-season games and all 20 in the postseason with the Heat, averaging 9.3 points per game.
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 5 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 6 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes