Dwight Howard tenure as Rockets center is not over, but it took the expected step in that direction.Howard’s representatives told Rockets general manager Daryl Morey on Tuesday afternoon that he would not pick up the option on a fourth season of his Rockets contract, worth roughly $23.3 million, to become an unrestricted free agent next month, a person with knowledge of the conversations said. The individual spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the talks.
Howard has not ruled out returning to the Rockets, according to the person familiar with his thinking, but considered returning with just one season on his contract to be irresponsible. Howard will look for a combination of the “environment” and “chance to win,” the individual said.
- Lakers superstar LeBron James (left ankle) available vs. Knicks
- Warriors Fans Are Questioning Why Steve Kerr Is Not Playing Jonathan Kuminga More
- Nets fans boo jumbotron when Ben Simmons announces himself
- Trade Rumor: Now Jazz, Pacers, and Raptors also seem to be following Jalen McDaniels’ footsteps
- Stephen Curry becomes oldest NBA player to record back-to-back 30-point, 10-assist games
NBA 1 day ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Legal 2 weeks ago
Mississippi tries yet again to legalize online sports betting