Cleveland Cavaliers point guard was injured Thursday during Team USA’s 95-71 win over Ukraine in FIBA World Cup group play at Bilbao, Spain.
With about a minute to go in the game, Irving was driving to the basket when he had his shot blocked and he fell to the ground hard. He clutched his back as he was helped to the locker room by a trainer.
U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski told ESPN after the game that the team does not think that Irving suffered a serious injury.
Irving spoke after the game and said the landing looked worse than it was. He said his muscle was sore but his tailbone was fine.
“I’m fine,” he said, adding there is no doubt that he will continue to play.
Irving scored 11 points, six assists and had four steals as Team USA pulled away from a Ukrainian team that held a seven-point, first quarter lead.
- Chicago’s Latest Lonzo Ball Injury Update Is Not The News That Fans Or Himself Wanted To Hear
- Clippers Kawhi Leonard has now scored 24+ points in 11 straight games for the first time in his career
- Nick Wright of First Things First says more hype by NBA media about Steph Curry than LeBron James
- The New York Knicks Reportedly Are Interested In Detroit’s Sadiq Bey Ahead Of The Trade Deadline
- Paolo Banchero, Josh Giddey and Alperen Sengün are chosen to headline the Jordan Rising Stars
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms