Isaiah Thomas, Tim Duncan Named Players of Week
The Boston Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas and the San Antonio Spurs’ Tim Duncan today were named NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, April 6, through Sunday, April 12.
Thomas led the Celtics to a 3-0 week, which included a pair of wins over the Cleveland Cavaliers and one win over the Detroit Pistons. He averaged 22.7 points (fourth in the conference), 5.7 assists (10th in the conference), and 2.7 rebounds. Thomas poured in a season-high 34 points on 10-of-17 shooting, and added six assists during a 113-103 win over the Pistons on April 8.
Duncan helped the streaking Spurs to a 4-0 week, extending their winning streak to 11 games. He averaged 17.3 points, 9.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 3.3 blocks and 1.5 steals. Duncan tallied three rejections on April 10, including a block on Houston Rockets guard James Harden with 2.9 seconds remaining that sealed a 104-103 victory for San Antonio.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Brooklyn’s Brook Lopez, Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki, Golden State’s Stephen Curry, Indiana’s C.J. Miles, the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul, and Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan and Lou Williams.
- Kentucky Sports Betting: Lawmakers Close To Passing HB 551?
- Is Payton Pritchard playing tonight (Mar. 28) vs. Wizards?
- Both Raptors and Rockets have shown potential interest in hiring Ime Udoka for his coaching return
- Kings can clinch a spot in 2023 NBA Playoffs tonight, Bucks can clinch Central Division title
- NBA insiders hint at ‘real conversations this offseason’ between Damian Lillard and the Trail Blazers on his future with the team
NBA 17 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives