The Dallas Mavericks were dumbfounded by guard J.J. Barea being called for a flagrant 2 foul and ejected after pushing Blake Griffin during Thursday’s 97-95 win over the LA Clippers. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle implied that Griffin, a 6-foot-10, 251-pound power forward, flopped after exchanging shoves with the diminutive Barea, who was trying to fight through a Griffin screen with 5:29 remaining in the third quarter.
“Watching Griffin’s cat-ate-the-canary smile tells you the story of that play,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said. “That’s all you have to look at.” Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki called Barea’s ejection “just weak” and complained about the confusion regarding what constitutes a flagrant foul.
Source: Tim MacMahon of ESPN
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’
Main Page 1 week ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 6 days ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia