Charlotte Bobcats center Al Jefferson and Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki were named NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively.
Jefferson averaged 24.3 points (fourth in the conference) on 48.1 percent shooting, with 13.0 rebounds (second in the conference) and 1.25 blocks (tied for fifth in the conference). He scored 24 points, including seven in overtime, to seal a 96-94 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday.
Nowitzki averaged 25.3 points (fourth in the conference) and 8.0 rebounds. He connected on 13-of-23 3-point attempts and his 56.5 percent shooting from behind the arc was seventh in the conference. He had 26 points on 10-of-18 shooting and 11 rebounds to help the Mavericks to a 113-107 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.
- Raptors Emerge as Front-Runners for Damian Lillard
- Pacers GM Chad Buchanan on Buddy Hield: ‘Our intention is to have him on our team this year’
- Nets sign undrafted guard Scottie Lindsey
- Coach Mark Daigneault is excited because Thunder’s young core is ‘developing very quickly’
- Bronny James Misses First USC Practice, Coach Andy Enfield Says ‘He’s Doing Very Well’
Main Page 1 week ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 6 days ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 6 days ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey