Spain’s prowess is obviously the biggest worry for Team USA on Spanish soil, but the more pressing trouble for the NBA stars in red, white and blue is that there’s really no way they can make any significant statements or impress the outside world in the first eight games of the nine needed overall to win the whole thing.
There’s simply no country in either Group C or Group D that can pose a legitimate threat to the United States, which can only face a team from Group A or Group B in the Sept. 14 championship game.
“We expect to win them all,” said Team USA power forward Kenneth Faried.
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again